The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hidden Treasure...Found w/ Pics

KT

Yesterday I got to work pulling the interior to get the G ride cleaned up for the summer. I have had the console out before, but hadn't pulled the seats. I've seen all the carpet cleaning threads and I figured it was about time to do the same to #65. This made it all worth while.

Do you see the treasure?

How about now?

Who knows how many years this was under the carpet.

All cleaned up and safely secured to my key chain.

gmp

thats so rad i wish i had one of those so bad lucky fella!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

steve

Awesome story. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

number3

Best thread in months.

This is a keeper and thank you for sharing.

Last edited:

Sweet! 52 cents.

j/k, what a nice surprise.

What did you use to clean it? Did the cleaner take off the bronze finish or was it from whatever gunk was on it for the past who knows how long?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wilfongtsi

That is really cool! too bad we can't all be that lucky.

KT

Quote:
Sweet! 52 cents.

j/k, what a nice surprise.

What did you use to clean it? Did the cleaner take off the bronze finish or was it from whatever gunk was on it for the past who knows how long?

Ya, 52 cents, two crayola markers, some gob stoppers and a bobby pin.

I just used an old scouring pad in the kitchen with some all purpose cleaner. I think I'll drop it in my parts cleaning bucket and use a small brush to get all the spilled coffee out of the nooks and crannies. The pad may have removed the bronze finish, but it needed a good scrubbing

It also has some pits in the back from dirt stuck between it and the floor aided from years of vibration.

poppin3000

Nice!

I found that toothpaste with whitening cleaned up my badges very well. (I used an old toothbrush as the applicator)

G

Staff member
Wow that's awesome, was yours missing the dash plaque? Have to go rip my carpet up.

14u2nV

I've found lots of stuff under carpets in cars. Money, love notes, a girls class ring. I love looking there. Havn't found any key fobs though, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

atc250r

Staff member
Good stuff! I found some weed and a "bowl" after taking the seat out of a customer's car once. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

1gnasty

nice i wish i found something like that in my car

1gnasty

Quote:
Wow that's awesome, was yours missing the dash plaque? Have to go rip my carpet up.

now im going to go and do the same rip my carpet up may be ill find something cool plus i dont have a dash plaque

StreetThisVR4

I used metal polish called "Brasso" to clean my badge and my key fob. I think I got it at Wal-Mart, worked great.

Awesome find BTW!!

maroonmetallic

Nice find!!

Quote:
does anyone else have a urge to pull their carpet now?

Nope, when it's not a VR4, you already know there isn't one hidden anywhere.

-Shawn

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts