The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Disc/Ball Injectors

You do know you can get the same "special" disk injectors from Summit Racing right?? And no it's not new- not trying to be an ass, or a monkey.

number3

Is there proof that these injectors make more power?

Harry

Turbo4door1

I have been looking into injectors for quite awhile now. Price is not the ONLY issue. I know this topic has been well beat, and I have read most of the archives and even searched the web. What is everyones take on the "best" style. Everything i read seems to differ. The general consesus everywhere seems to be that the pintle style is the most free-flowing, maintence free style. The ball and disc types seem to have some issues with easier clogging. I'm leaning towards the Denso 660s (stock pintle style) injectors. Can anyone give pros or cons for going with the cheaper ball or ball/disc injectors over these?

quote:Originally posted by Team Ducktape:
You do know you can get the same "special" disk injectors from Summit Racing right?? And no it's not new- not trying to be an ass, or a monkey. Are they machined to fit our intakes? I know these are just the standard 550 Delphi units that MSD and others use, but I think the pintle is narrower than our cars want, and the inlet end is too fat to fit inside our fuel rail, so they have to be machined to fit. I had considered doing the machining as a free service, because I found that Precision Turbo sells them as Buick injectors for only $62.50 each, but at $70 a piece MACHINED, that seems like a great deal. Most guys were getting about $100 a piece for them last I knew.

I think hahnracecraft sells these type injectors also...

I think they claim a smoother idle rather than just upgrading with larger pintle style

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts