The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Kickass Headlight bulbs

This might be best kept in the "how-to" archives

click

summary: the following lighting solutions suck:
blue bulbs
xenon bulbs
hyper white bulbs
Sylvania Silver Star
Retrofit HID
LED's

Only real solution: HIR9011 & HIR9012 (they fit GVR4s & DSMs)

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Good stuff but I'll stick with with my Sylvania Silver Star.
I also like how they tested he high beam instead of the low beam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

maybe if i labeled the post "use OEM Viper headlights in your GVR" people would be more interested in it.

gvr4ever

I would have to disagree about LEDs not being as bright. The problem is in that picture, the LEDs are all facing out and hardly any light is reflecting on the inside. Might as well compare apples to oranges.

Flip4G63

Quote:
I also like how they tested he high beam instead of the low beam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

agree my sylvania ultras seam to light the road up better than most vehicles on the road.

Rausch

+1 I really like the ultras I put in the focus....Worth the $ in my opinion...

Good comparo, by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

icurunnin

Quote:
Quote:

agree my sylvania ultras seam to light the road up better than most vehicles on the road.

x3 here

if you guys are looking for LED solutions, check out this site.
superbrightleds.com

i use a lot of their bulbs in my fx. white led's are nice. not ricey blue. eww

DR1665

THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD!

I read up about those HIR bulbs over a year ago and couldn't remember what they were called, so I couldn't find them recently, when looking for them. Bad ass. I'm getting a set once the Galant is back on the road. Totally bitchin.

As for tail light upgrades, my friend, Dave, has a pretty sweet set up. I think there's only one other DSM out there with a similar set up. The set up is not for sale, but it's pretty cool to see. In person, his brake lights can leave you seeing spots for a bit.

click
(Please right click > save as.)

icurunnin

I want my galant tail lights to had that kind of light show. Bet he spent a good amount of time on it.

CP

I've got no complaints about my PIAA Xtreme White bulbs for my low beams, and both sets of fogs in the JDM projector housings. The "white" light emitted by these bulbs isn't ricey at all, and is pretty close as far as the color spectrum is concerned to real xenon headlights. If I were to do it again, I'd look into the cheaper HIR bulbs that came out recently.

RayH

I had looked into getting Osram Silverstars but the Philips VisionPlus are supposed to be just as good if not better for about half the cost. I don't really like the slight blue tint on the Sylvania Silverstars.

On most older cars a good clean and buff of the lenses will make a bigger difference than the bulb.

cOmpressor

Wow those tails do look " cool " but would piss me off if someone in front of me had them. I like the idea of HID retrofit to projectors myself.

180998659a6555076795l.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned