The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ATTN: '89 glovebox owners

Could someone please take a pic of the latch that screws to the dash? I didn't realize it was different when I got mine, and the car was gone when I went back to the 'yard. None of the Mitsu or Hyundai brackets I've tried has worked and I just want to be done with this project.

Much, much, much thanks in advance.

Ba-ba-ba-bump, ba-bump, ba-bump, ba-ba-ba-bump. (playing my to-the-top bongos)

Actually, I'd be surprised if I'm the only one that this has happened to, and so in the off chance that it might happen to someone else I'll post up some pictures of the differences that I'm talking about.

In the above pic, the stock dashboard-side latch and bracket is on the bottom, and on the top are two of the brackets that I hoped would fit but didn't (they fit the '89 latch sort of ok, but not the dash at all).

In the above pic, the '89 glove box is on the top and the stock 'box is on the bottom. You can see that the stock 'box's latch goes into the dashboard half, whereas on the '89 the dashboard half goes into the glovebox.

It's quite a bit lighter, on the order of several pounds, and it also frees up about 1.5" of leg room.

curtis

I have one with latch going on ebay and yes it happened to me also. Forgot it in the yard. I'll get you a picture later today. It would be easy to make its just a flat piece of metal with the ring. all the stuff inside the factory dash comes off.

curtis

Now wih the picture you could probably take what you have and just bend to fit.

On mine I just screwed the bracket into the plastic on the dash. Admittedly it's not that strong but it holds OK so long as I avoid carrying bricks in the glovebox.

Mike R.

beaner

You should only be carrying gloves in your glovebox.

Does anyone do this? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif Thanks you guys! That is EXACTLY what I wanted to see. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif And yes, I do keep gloves in the glovebox. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

strokin4dr

I keep my fuse boxes in the glovebox /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings