The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM part # needed

G

Staff member
I don't have my jdm caps up & running right now. Anyone here have it running?

I'm looking for the rs bumper part #. I have a vin # if you need it.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
My part #'s didn't come through to you when I sent them in your last thread? Hmmm, that was a long post that I tried to send through. Must have taken me 20 mintues to transcribe the bumper, brackets, even lights and screw parts you would have needed to install everything with part #'s. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

G

Staff member
Yeah never got it.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
I'll post up what I can in a few minutes.

PNC #'s, Part #'s
62040 **NO DATA** Front bumper cover ????
62063L MB549501 L-shaped, mounts to frame brackets 1 per side
62063R MB549502 L-shaped, mounts to frame brackets 1 per side
62055L MB595125 Upper corner at wheel well bracket, to fender
62055R MB595126 Upper corner at wheel well bracket, to fender
62002L MB546037 Lower corner at wheel well bracket
62002R MB546038 Lower corner at wheel well bracket
71010 MB545972

Last edited:

G

Staff member
Is this from the vin # i gave you? e38a-0002553

Last edited:

Hey G, are you using a VIN#, or a chassis code? I need to find some interior parts for my mirage that are for the RHD dash, but I didn't get a vin on my chassis cut, or dash. I read that JDM cars do not actually have VIN #s in japan, is this correct?

G

Staff member
Not sure what it's called but the # is from the firewall of a rs model.

G

Staff member
Eagle what is # 71010 ?

JSchleim18

+1...looks like an OEM Lip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

G

Staff member
Nah because it would have screws or something to attach with, i think it's the bumper trim.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
It appears to be the trim piece that usually is imbedded in a recess at the main hoop that runs around the top of the bumper and falls in line with the side body mouldings. The bumper is a one piece deal minus the trims as far as it is pictured.

Sorry about the VIN # I must have missed the "3" at the end but I updated the thread with new pictures to show you what it should have looked like.

Now get this, "No Info" for the bumper cover itself comes up now!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Last edited:

G

Staff member
So your looking up 62040 ? I thought i remember looking it up a year or so ago & it said the same thing.

Last edited:

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Is it strange that the bumper cover came up for serial # 0000255 though?

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quote:
Hey G, are you using a VIN#, or a chassis code? I need to find some interior parts for my mirage that are for the RHD dash, but I didn't get a vin on my chassis cut, or dash. I read that JDM cars do not actually have VIN #s in japan, is this correct?

They do not have the US 17 digit vin, they use the chassis number.

I think G's chassis number may be incorrect with the "3". I think that field is max 6 digits, so it probably is correct as "000255".

FlyingEagle

Staff member
So, where is the chassis code located? Is it just like the Mirages (other CSM's) that have the last digits of the VIN on the firewall in highlighted red paint overspray.

Finland and the European markets got similar VIN systems pretty much as we did here in Canada/the US.
click

I would just have to confirm with the AUS and NZ guys as to what numbers they use from their CSM's. Now all of this is off continent/out of country to homeland Japan where the cars were manufactured, so it still stands to reason that they have a different tagging system and that off shore bound cars, will get a tagging system setup for their respective markets.

G

Staff member
I got that # from a rs firewall. I have a pic here somewhere.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Slightly OT, but still treading lightly:
Just for shoots and giggles I looked up the E38A galant to see what a basic bumper pic would come up like in Euro Caps, and voila, I got just the center section with colour match center moulding strip and then this->

BOT,
Anyone purchase a JDM halfcut or can talk to a buddy who imported a JDM "anything" to confirm the Mitsu branding system?

misterfixit

the last pic is the wrong sevtion for a vr-4 with an e38 vin.
All cars leaving mitsubishi have vin. jdm or not.
In europe we got 17didt iso vins,
us and australia use the same system. Phils and NZ get a wackyhome market setup as the cars were assembled and stamped by MMPL and todd motors respectively, everyone else got an export vin which is like 12 digits or something, have the information around somewhere.

JDM vin should be model code, then 7 digit series number
E39A-XXXXXXX

The model code is only active in caps once you pick a vehicle code. I think galant is 50q (might be the euro number.) then the model code will get you to a specific version.

The bumper cover should come up if you pick the kit onthe lower right. It'll be a crassh repair set in white primer. (#82000)

yes the 71010 is the trim

I have posted befor the model naming of e3X where the X only refers to the engine family and its associated layout. Ie. e32 (1800 4g37) e33 (2000 4g63) e34 (2000 4d65) e35 (1800 4g67) e37 (1800 4g37 4wd) e38 (2000 4g63 4wd) e39a (2000 4g63 4wd4ws).
I have missed the 1600 4g32 as i can't remember off the top of my head it's designation.
The model code then designates options, fuelsystem, engine grade, trim level transmission type etc...

The "e3xA-XXXXXXX" vin is definately a vin, as it has full association with all car components in mitrsu records. Most domestic us cars and german cars cant tell off the chassis number the ruinning gear that was fitted as it left the factory.

Rich

Last edited:

G

Staff member
e38a-0002553 is what i posted. (jdm) So we have to know the vehicle code next in order to select the rs model? crap. WHere is the vehicle code on the jdm model?

Last edited:

misterfixit

Here's a screen cap from that chassis number

That also gives the vehicle code automatically, the model code and the build date, colour option and interior option.

Here's the same info from the vehicle and the model code:

Here from the vin number you supplied i can get the bumper face kit to show, but it is an "rs" vin as the rs emblem comes up .

Hope this helps

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings