The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Difference between the JDM RS bumper

boostx

The only difference between the JDM RS and the JDM bumper is this small molding they added with some holes cut in the bumper.

with the molding

the molding

Good point. On the same ticket I have a question about my front bumper, I bought it with the front cut out and the black mesh installed but is there anyway to tell what trim level it was without that section? I'm assuming not since that little was missing when I got it...

June.jpg

I bought the fogs from Cy so that doesnt tell you anything either.

I don't think yours is the rs version, it looks just like mine if I cut out the only the black part. I think the rs version has those vents right down in the air dam section, even lower than yours is cut.

H05TYL

IslandVr4 is correct, the extra vents in the Evo0 bumper sit below where yours is cut out.

here's a pic of my mates which has been cutout the same as yours, but still has the extra slots underneath.
z200701-1.jpg

G

Staff member
sideviewrsbumperad8.jpg

So, all I need is that vent. anyone have the part number or an extra they'd like to part with? /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/grin.gif

boostx

mine is not an RS but if was to cut and install the moulding you will not be able to tell its not a rs one.

Last edited:

Ahh ok I see what you are saying. That does go pretty far down. Sometimes I wish the PO didnt cut out the slats. I like the fmic covered more.

Quote:
So, all I need is that vent. anyone have the part number or an extra they'd like to part with? /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/grin.gif

Geoff, did you start cutting into your bumper? Otherwise color me ignorant, but doesn't your car have a normal JDM bumper as seen here?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nope haven't hacked mine, just thought it would look cool & add more intercooler airflow to put the rs vent in. Not something I'm going to panic about doing but if I trip across one....

My JDM RS with the plastic moulding vent in standard...

And now with the plastic moulding vent removed -the holes are there standard!

And before anyone asks, no I'm not going to sell the plastic vent -it's just sitting in my garage at the moment. The reason why it isn't on the bumper is because I have no iron behind the bumper which was removed to fit over the intercooler and to lighten it up abit! /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings