The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wheel purdification

14u2nV

Well, since it was 70+ today, I decided to do something I've been wanting to for a while, paint my GS wheels. What do you think?

IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

Still have to sand the lip and do the other three, but I like it a lot better. I blasted it then painted it. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/grin.gif

4orced4door

I think it makes your tires look filthy. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/dunno.gif

14u2nV

H8er! /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/tongue.gif I'll wash them, and the car tomorrow.

more pix, I even blasted the lug nuts, and used a paint pen to paint the washers black.
IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

Looks great! I've got a set of wheels I'll be painting; what kind of paint did you use? Primer, clearcoat, etc.?

14u2nV

I don't know what kind it was, I'll have to look. It was just some paint I had in the garage. I blasted them, sprayed them with flat black first (thought I might leave them that way, but changed my mind) then sprayed them with glossy, then sanded the lip, and hit it all with clear. Did't use any primer. Blasting the aluminum gives it a pretty good texture for paint to stick to.

maroonmetallic

They do from the factory.. I have a set although the spokes have more of a straight design to them.

BTW I like the new paint on them.
Also, sorry I didn't get time to come get those seats.. I'm guessing you trashed them by now..

-Shawn

14u2nV

Cuz those are the wheels that are on my vr4 right now (sold the orig a long time ago), I can't afford new ones for a while and it was free to do (already had the paint, blasting material and elbow grease). They had center caps, but they are ugly, and I think I was missing one (i've never had them on, even on the gs). They look good on the car, I'll take pix after I wash it tomorrow.

The second pic is after blasting, they are not painted silver there.

Yup, seats are junk now.

Last edited:

use comet cleaner with a little water and a stiff bristle brush to clean your tires

you won't be disappointed

steve

Nice for the price! Now get a gas door. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/uhh.gif

14u2nV

it's still in modification mode. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/wink.gif

front of the car is still on jackstands, awaiting my replacement turbo. havn't driven it in over a month, so I havn't needed the door. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/crazy.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts