The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rotors for those of us still using a 4-lug setup?

Are the Mountain Rotors still our best choice? I was hoping to at least get some high performance slotted rotors but there doesn't seem to be anything out there. Aside from OEM and the Mountains, factory replacement Brembos are pretty much the only thing I can find /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/dunno.gif

I think you can get power slots in 4x114.3

Or upgrade to a real brake kit like one of mine. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/smile.gif

evo8ya

I'm running front and rear drilled and slotted from R1 concepts.

Looks like you're right, thanks!

I remember you mentioning you had a big brake setup in the works. I actually had been interested back in the beginning of this year when you had mentioned them, but I just wouldn't be able to afford one now since i'm currently unemployed /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/blush.gif Plus my car never sees a track so I couldn't really justify it anyway. Just looking for some added bite on the street while I replace a warped rotor.

Just out of curiousity, how much did the cost of the setup wind up being?

Quote:
I'm running front and rear drilled and slotted from R1 concepts.

Which one did you order? I see they have a kit for the 90-05 Eclipse Turbo. Is that it? /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/confused.gif

How do you like them?

evo8ya

They're custom. I called them up and told them what I needed and they made them for me. It did take about a month to get them. I've put around 3-4k miles on them so far and I have no complaints.

G

Staff member
Where are you finding replacement brembos ?

G

Staff member
Wow in stock ? Last i heard they were nla. The fronts i mean. I wonder if they are for the gsx & accidentally put turbo ?

Last edited:

spoulson

I just installed a pair of Raybestos "professional grade" front rotors from Rock Auto thanks to this thread. They were about $60 shipped and they came in 3 days. So far I'm very happy with the buy.

Last edited:

91GVR4

I have front rotors from irotors.com. Check them out here irotors for galant
They have worked great for me, and the zinc washing realy holds up. They have been thru several winters and are just now starting to get some surface rust, but no flaking. I have also run about 10 AutoX events on these with minimal warpage. They seem to be quality for a good price. I got them on a deal they ran for us a few years back.

Those Raybestos ones seem pretty iffy to me which is why I didn't go with them originally.

MJ, thanks for the link, those rotors are awesome, but too pricey for me /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/frown.gif

I know Martin over at VIP and he said he can hook me up with the DSM kit they sell but for my 4-lug application. I'm just going to order this kit from them I guess. All from one place, everything I need, makes it easy. Less than 500 shipped and i'll have rotors, pads, lines, even fluid. Front AND rear.

LINK------>click

Last edited by a moderator:

Quote:
I have front rotors from irotors.com. Check them out here irotors for galant
They have worked great for me, and the zinc washing realy holds up. They have been thru several winters and are just now starting to get some surface rust, but no flaking. I have also run about 10 AutoX events on these with minimal warpage. They seem to be quality for a good price. I got them on a deal they ran for us a few years back.

Someone on here told me to stay FAR away from them, forget who now. Good to see you're having great results with them, but I don't want to take any chances. Also, I think act250r or whatever said he had a pair and they were completely cracked and warped after one track day.

ggsxkid

i have sp performance slotted rotors front and rear on my gvr4, i love em. the fact that i have some good pads cough r4s's cough might add to how well the car stops oh and ss brakelines but either way i love em. not to mention they put alot of r and d into ther rotors. got to topbrakes.com and youll see what i mean when just go here thye have sooooo much more to offer for aftermarket brake parts and accessories thna places like tire rack and such. click me for uber cool brake parts

Last edited:

SP eh? I was considering them, but couldn't find anyone who actually had em. Thanks for the reply. I might have to price everything out now with all the different rotors and such and see if anything can beat that kit from VIP in terms of price and performance.

RayH

I've also got SP Performance rotors. Seem to be ok so far.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts