The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

3 GAUGE PILLAR mount

G

Staff member
Which company was selling these gvr4 specific ? Can't find them.

Last time I checked (which I admit was a few years back) it was no one, but IIRC some people were able to persuade a 2G triple gauge pod to fit. You might just go measure all the dimensions of your pillar and have someone who sells the pods find one that's pretty close, and a heat gun should take care of the rest.

Hmm, I kinda remember someone saying that an Accord triple pillar fit, but maybe not. The reason the Galant triple pods were made of unobtanium was due to the electric seatbelts. If you ditch those for the '89 manual belt setup, the full pillar is able to be used. Otherwise the belt will smack into the top.

Last edited by a moderator:

marvinmadman

fazzt73?
Quote:
Which company was selling these gvr4 specific ? Can't find them.

rheckert

Only ones I know of where made by Paulo I believe. The ones off a dsm will have the wrong gauge angle.

^ (edit)Man I type slow

G

Staff member
Who was the company that made the double ?

I believe I got mine from Lokar. I'd rate it an 8 for color match, a 6 for fit, and a 10 for build quality. It obviously doesn't bug me enough to fix it though, haha.

Edit: It was Lotek. Thank you Scott!

G

Staff member

I think Dewmann got the right one. It wasn't called that when I bought mine years ago, but I think they were bought out or something. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/dunno.gif In any case, in that picture you can clearly see how with stock seatbelts a 3 gauge pod isn't an option. I mean you could probably physically cram 3 pods in there but you'd hardly see the back two gauges. I think someone on the board makes a gauge pod (single or double, I can't remember) that replaces the driver side tweeter grill. You could use that to supplement your double pillar pod, or there are steering column mounting options, as well as the popular DIN mount. Any reason why you want a triple?

G

Staff member
Last edited:

Rausch

^ what do you want different? the already offer a 2 gauge pod for our cars?
couple up from the bottom
i reccommend ordering it in black, as the grey is a bit too light...

hehe, edit: looks like you got it. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned