The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Number 638, after *THREE* years is finally back!

Well I have been working like crazy to get this thing road ready after the new engine.

I have fabricated my own 3" N-1 exhaust out of 304L Stainless, w/ a cat.

Some generic intercooler pipes, and a civic Radiator all being installed.

What do we think? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

4Grim

Looks great! Great job on the exhaust! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Quote:
exhaust look like fence post,looks good though

Yeah, its actually 304L 3" Stainless. Should do the trick.

I really am not a usual advocate of threads like these, but when your down for so long, getting back up really puts some life into you!

I got more pics as soon as I get some more shielding gas.

BTW, this is with a 25 year-old AIRCO "Dip-stick" Welder.

Its a multi-process machine that has no remote amperage control. AC/DC for stainless or aluminum.

But all in all we're almost there!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif looks sweet. i really need to get myself a welder

IncorpoRatedX

That transmission belongs in the car.. not on the floor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I know, It was out for the JDM-to-USDM final drive ring gear swap. I just couldn't wait. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

More pics coming tomorrow!

jepherz

Staff member
That rear hanger looks like something from vishnu /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Looks good though!

HaHa, I'm gunna admit....

It was some 3/16" round stock from Home-Depot!

But its all in the Finishing stage, where I need to complete the welds.

To anyone:

GET A WELDER!!!

It makes things so much cheaper and incredibly much more fun to do!

TIG Welding is the way to go. If you can afford it, I HIGHLY recommend purchasing one.

IncorpoRatedX

Quote:
I know, It was out for the JDM-to-USDM final drive ring gear swap. I just couldn't wait. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

More pics coming tomorrow!

I hope you mean ring & pinion...

i made that mistake once "wait.. whats that..? sh*t thats the pinion, sh*t i forgot to put it in! sh*t sh*t sh*t!!"

the welds look great for what you're working with, the hanger.. eh... lol

4orced4door

Do you think that radiator is going to have enough cooling capacity? It's pretty tiny.

324vr4

^^^All you may need is a fan to pull some air through the radiator....I have a Civic "racing" radiator too and hope to see good results after the initial startup! Good job again on your progress!

Quote:
Do you think that radiator is going to have enough cooling capacity? It's pretty tiny.

A few people on here have those and with decnet fans they work great.

4orced4door

That's cool, I hope it works out. The stock radiator with two fans and stock shrouds seems to have a hard time sometimes so I personally wouldn't want to downsize any. Maybe that smaller core is more efficient, but I'm sure less surface area will hurt you to a degree. I guess it ultimately comes down to what you're going to use the car for. I'm about to put an aluminum Koyo in the Laser because I am going to autocross it and I don't want to have to worry.

The problem with stock radiators is that they are plastic, usually blocked by crap, and leaves, and the A/C condenser.

I was the one that was preaching the value, and room freed-up of the civic radiator a long time ago. No one believed me. Then someone on here actually got logs of temp and now its accepted...

Besides its more for my 4" thick Garret Intercooler. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Here is an update of the fab work thats going on.

This welder is older then some people on here!

True N1 Endurance style is the look I am going for

Saab oil cooler

Thats all I got for now, but the server upgrade will gimme plenty of time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

16g is only a break in turbo.

A much more serious setup will be built after all that though. T4 Frame indefinitely.

I like thinking ahead. Mainly a drag-car, I wont have to do many things twice for my goal.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned