The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ISC replacement

Anybody here using the Autozone/Advanced/O'Reilly speed control motor for our cars? I called the dealer and can get one for $230, but the aftermarket has them for $189 and right now saving $40 is a full tank of gas. Or is there a better source for the oem part? Thanks

jepherz

Staff member
There's always the option to get it used from someone on the board. $30 will save you multiple tanks worth of gas.

Yeah, I see them for sale here often. But I worry about how much life if any is still left in them. My local O'reilly can get me one for about $140 using the discount through the dealership I work at. Comes with a 1 year warranty so I think I am going that route. Thanks

Dont the 91 hyundai elantra 1.8s work also? I think I remeber reading something along those lines somewhere else, but I may be wrong

KT

Quote:
I called the dealer and can get one for $230

Have you called JNZ Tuning yet? It's worth a couple cell minutes to inquire.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts