The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Name this relay

1991 Gvr4

If you are looking at the engine bay it is near the power steering pump/ head;ight. It is a double relay. One is the A/C fan power source, atleast when I pull one out the fan will stop working. What is the other relay for?

belize1334

Could be wrong but it sounds to me like you're talking about the accossory relay. I don't know the proper name for it but it turns things on that should be running when the key is on. I tapped into that to run my air/water ic pump which I want running anytime the key is in the "on" position.

Do you know what it controlls? I know it is power with ignition I just need to know everything it turns on.

Thank you for the information it is very helpful.

belize1334

I don't know what all it's used for. I only found it by probing around with my multimeter looking for hot voltage sources that were run from the ignition.

Terry Posten

PM me your email and I will send you the complete wiring harness PDFs for the Galant.

s_firestone

According to the service manual, the double relays are both used by the condenser fan, one is for "LO"(closest to driver side) and one for "HI"(closest to the passenger) fan speed for the AC.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts