The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

IL will no longer emission test OB1 vehicles

johnnyRacer

WOW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif! I don't know if I'm late on this one, but this is perfect. Since, I passed the emission test last year I've been running #50 with no cat. Now it will never go back on.

http://www.epa.state.il.us/air/vim/

It's been that way in portions of St Clair County for the longest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow, as for AZ OBD2 cars only need to have a scanner hooked up to check for error codes (in case the bulb is blown/ or taken out).

speedyvr4

well here in comunistkali, you can't even sneeze without a state ref trying to stick an emmisions probe up your ass. You lucky basterds. I can't wait to move back to florida and forget all this smog sh*t.

galant344

Is there anyway to tell if the car is clear? I know my car passed in virgina before I bought it about a year and a half ago....is that good enough for Illinois?

mikus

Quote:
Is there anyway to tell if the car is clear? I know my car passed in virgina before I bought it about a year and a half ago....is that good enough for Illinois?

not sure but I doubt it. I've yet to see a municipal database in the state that references other sources well (tickets, titles, warrants etc) I had 7 speeding tickets in 8 months across like 5-6 counties, they never noticed (until #8, at which point my lawyer made out very well)

gtluke

IL has taken one step forward, and 2 steps back

Here it is SR1022 (This is the Illinois State Senate).

Assault Weapons Ban of 2007

"Replaces everything after the enacting clause. Amends the Criminal Code of 1961. Provides that 90 days after the effective date of this amendatory Act, it is unlawful for any person within this State to knowingly manufacture, deliver, sell, purchase, or possess or cause to be manufactured, delivered, sold, purchased, or possessed a semi-automatic assault weapon, an assault weapon attachment, any .50 caliber rifle, or .50 caliber cartridge. Provides that beginning 90 days after the effective date of this amendatory Act, it is unlawful for any person within this State to knowingly manufacture, deliver, sell, purchase, or possess or cause to be manufactured, delivered, sold, purchased, or possessed a large capacity ammunition feeding device. Provides that these provisions do not apply to a person who possessed a prohibited weapon, device, or attachment before the effective date of this amendatory Act if the person has provided proof of ownership to the Department of State Police within 90 days after the effective date of this amendatory Act. Provides that on or after the effective date of this amendatory Act, such person may transfer such device only to an heir, an individual residing in another state maintaining that device in another state, or a dealer licensed as a federal firearms dealer. Specifies penalties for violations. Provides exemptions. Provides that the provisions of the Act are severable. Effective immediately"

The county I live in has never had emissions. Passing sounds hard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned