The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

just put my ETS FMIC on

Old starion setup

mostly radiator hose and hacked tubing

No the block isnt holding up the car

some of the new piping BOV fit pretty nice

Intercooler finally installed

had to do more cutting on the ends of the bumper support

Only caught the paper on fire once

all mounted up

New piping

stealthtt24

looks good, dimensions on that intercooler? think i will be picking up a bigger one soon, one of the many things on my to-do list.

Looking good! The core is 24x10x3 and you can get thicker cores if you need to.

IncorpoRatedX

looks great man! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

it does pull a little harder now and the BOV is louder but i mostly like he piece of mind knowing that its all sealed up instead of the old setup.

spooling92vr4

hmm, i rememeber installing one of those a while back, and the intercooler bolted to the bumper support. did they change their design? is the only thing holding that on the piece that bolts to the hood latch support?.

Yea the mount design has changed. It has 3 tabs that mount to the core support instead of the bumper support.

IncorpoRatedX

got mine today! looks awesome. Thanks jesse! sorry i bugged you about the tracking info haha.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Damn. I don't want to spend the money on this upgrade but I keep getting tempted more by all these installs. I want 350 or more hp!

IncorpoRatedX

It's a beatiful piece of work if i say so myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'll have pics of it on my car later today. lol.

CP

I couldn't get mine centered. It sits over towards the passenger side by a few inches. I couldn't care less, as it's still very functional and the intercooler can't be seen with the black misted paint.

Pic poster doesn't seem to be working tonight...

you might have it in the wrong holes. i think i saw a few that were next to the ones i used and i just guessed which ones to bolt to

CP

Jeez, you sound like my wife /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Which holes are you talking about? I don't think anyone can screw up a install.

my personal philosophy is to try every hole /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
i'll see if i can get pics of it later

CP

The piping can only get to the intercooler on each side by very specific routes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

yeah now that i think of it the drivers side pipe pretty much dictates where the intercooler goes but i think the other holes were like an inch or to away, might be enough play in the pipes to do that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

CP

I already messed with them all and you're right, that driver's side pipe dictates where the intercooler sits left to right.

IncorpoRatedX

anyone else think the ic hangs a little low?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts