The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I bought evo 8 interior off ebay on monday

I've been meaning to tell you guys but I forgot since the site went down.
Evo 8 front and rear seats AND door panels and center console for 7 bills all in perfect shape. This way I get the seats I've been needing since sliding around on the leather got old PLUS a back seat that drops in and matches.

The stuff was at an upscale junkyard you could say in Northern Alabama and so I called them and told them to end the auction then drove with my girlfriend in her new 4 door accord and picked all up. Yes, all of it fit in the car with 2 people. The back seat is in now but not fastened in. Just looks cool sitting there but if someone were to sit on it it would fall apart. lol Friday I'm going to make brackets for the fronts and then secure the rear. So hopefully it will all be done this weekend and I'll make a How To thread if there isnt one already.

Btw, anybody need Evo door panels??? Console is gone already.

CP

Take detailed pics of the brackets you make please. I'm in the process of gutting my car (everything will be for sale) and am starting to look for high-bolstered front seats only.

^Yeah no problem. My welding skills have improved alot lately so I'm ready to actually make something for the galant as opposing to mig welding stick men.

The Viii seats feel 92834902 times better than stock. The rear design is virtually identical to the gvr4 PLUS the armrest that folds down has a cupholder which kicks ass because I have been using it while driving. Its not hard to turn slightly and grab it out of the back.

Boostin21

pics with the rears in please

good find by the way

God I just typed ton of stuff and then it just went away. Not doing that again. Was doing a full how to with pictures but since it got deleted i'm just writing a few things with pictures ask questions if you have any.

Made brackets and modifications for the front and rear seats yesterday with a buddy that does metal work.

NOTE:

THIS IS WHAT I DID. THERE ARE OTHER WAYS OUT THERE I'M SURE THAT WORK. I'M NOT SAYING THIS IS THE WAY TO DO IT.

The rears werent bad. Just cut the middle prong out of the bottom and 2 stainless bolts with washers on the side prongs to draw in the side bolster gap. Drill through the back of the car through the back fender wells. Put the nut on the back side and as you tighten, the gap goes away. Make sure its stainless because they're exposed to the elements. Hope that makes sense to you guys.

The first pic is the galant seat, OBVIOUSLY do what I'm saying to the Evo seat.

The front brackets werent bad, we raised the seat about an inch in the front and an inch and a half in the back. Decided it would be a cool idea to bring a bar out from the back of the bracket to add harnesses later on. Its about an inch of the floor so I could slip tthe harnesses on under it and put some skateboard grip tape on it so it wont slide. I dont care if its not the right or safest place to do it. It will be fine for spirited mountain runs, the car wont see a racetrack for tech inspections for that sort of thing just yet.

This was one of the top 3 things I have done to this car. Updates the look, seats feel awesome and are very comfortable plus my suspension is working much better than I thought it was previously. No more reaching over to hold on to the passenger seat in a sharp turn.
Now I just have to wipe the dust off all the seats and vacuum the metal shavings out.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Rausch

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gifawesome work! thats something i'd really like to do...how would you compare the weight difference if any? i would think the evo stuff would be a bit lighter...

Congrats that looks very good, Definetly updates the interior from my point of view.

Looks good. If you need help with anything, let me know since I have a few days off work and school.

Any thoughts about what to do with the seat belts?

Gvr4-330

Do you have better pictures of the front seat brackets?

Rob

464/2K

anyone interested in a set?

jDm

Quote:
Looks good. If you need help with anything, let me know since I have a few days off work and school.

Any thoughts about what to do with the seat belts?

Everything carries over from the seat belts except the lap belt which I have never used.

Rear seats weigh maybe a couple pounds less and the fronts with my brackets weigh maybe 20 pounds less total.

number3

Quote:
God I just typed ton of stuff and then it just went away. Not doing that again. Was doing a full how to with pictures but since it got deleted i'm just writing a few things with pictures ask questions if you have any.

Next type type it in WORD and save it as you go and then when you are done copy and paste.

The front brackets werent bad, we raised the seat about an inch in the front and an inch and a half in the back. Decided it would be a cool idea to bring a bar out from the back of the bracket to add harnesses later on. Its about an inch of the floor so I could slip tthe harnesses on under it and put some skateboard grip tape on it so it wont slide. I dont care if its not the right or safest place to do it. It will be fine for spirited mountain runs, the car wont see a racetrack for tech inspections for that sort of thing just yet.

You are right this not a very safe idea. The harness should not be parallel to the back of the seat.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Good write up for guys that want to go with blue fabric over their black leather.

rheckert

Nice work. Not all of us are lucky enough to have a mint interior as you Harry. For the money I think this is a very good option to update a car as well as get a set of seats with side bolsters. I would take a new blue and black cloth interior over rotted, ripped, cracked warn leather anyday!

Quote:

Next type type it in WORD and save it as you go and then when you are done copy and paste.

Yeah I guess.

Quote:

Good write up for guys that want to go with blue fabric over their black leather.

Who would want to ruin their leather by doing that? If its already screwed, then why not just scrap it? If its not screwed, then why mess with it?
I would just put the whole Evo interior in because it looks better, weighs less, grips better etc... My leather was in great shape, I just took it out and cleaned it then wrapped it in plastic and put it in the attic. This interior probably has a longer shelf life anyway.

Quote:

You are right this not a very safe idea. The harness should not be parallel to the back of the seat.

I'll keep that in mind.

Muskrat

How did you secure the bench for the rear seat. The last I had read, the evo seat didn't fit the same as the stock galant seat.

There are the two prongs [_]-----------------[_] on the underside and I took a grinder to the holes on the car and just made a tiny notch on them and they popped in.

464/2K

Quote:

black slippery leather* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

number3

You are reading way too much into what I wrote. I simply said it was a good write up [that they fit.]

I was not saying leather or cloth or Galant or EVO interiors are better, worse, good, bad or different. If you want to stay with leather and have EVO style seats it looks like you can. EVOs have come in leather. Buy that trim level and install. If you want cloth with out EVO style seats buy G-GSX or other Galant interiors and there you go... you have cloth.

Oh I thought you saying get the stock leathers covered in the blue neoprene stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Took the galant to the mountains today for a test. They hold great and the starbucks in the back seat didn't budge. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts