The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Where to Get a Radio Gauge Bezel?

i've searched for quite a while, are these still available? who to contact? thanks.

dan

i'm looking for the bezel that lets me put gauges under the deck. do you have a specific link? i dont really know what im looking for on their site. thanks.

dan

boostx

is this want you are looking for

CP

I think I'm going to need one of those too. I never use the pocket w/ door beneath my radio and want guages roughly in my line of sight with a helmet on.

I was planning to mount some gauges just ahead of the shifter like another board member, but I don't think they'll be easy enough to look at with a 1 second glance at speed with a helmet on.

CP

That's what my wife told me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif but she's only ridden in the car once in the last two years /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Gordian79

Quote:
I think I'm going to need one of those too. I never use the pocket w/ door beneath my radio and want guages roughly in my line of sight with a helmet on.

I was planning to mount some gauges just ahead of the shifter like another board member, but I don't think they'll be easy enough to look at with a 1 second glance at speed with a helmet on.

I have gauges in my racecar and i barely look at them.I look at them when i start the car,a quick glance after burnout(rwd) and after a dump the laundry at the top end to make sure its not hot or whatever.shift light is right on my face so i have to see it.i look at my gauges on the gvr4 alot more.

I have one of those 3 hole gauge and radio bezel.Im thinking of selling if i can find a stock bezel that has 2 1din slots.

CP

I want to see boost and oil temp, which I'm going to mount in the factory JDM gauge pod. I've got an unhooked EGT gauge sitting next to my boost gauge right now up there, but it's a somewhat useless gauge imo.

So boost and oil temp up high, and EGT, oil pressure and one other (?) down low.

Unless I've got a bright red blinking idiot light to indicate a sudden loss of oil pressure, a gauge isn't going to let me know in time that my engine is dry and fragged. They teach us to briefly glance at all our gauges once per lap on long straights just to monitor.

the one that sag posted looks different from the ones on ebay. i think i recall there being din plates made specifically for our car. are those still available?

dan

mofugas used to make them i had one but theyve been out of buisness for some time now and u still needed the factory double din radip bezel to make it work.

mmm.. i would really like to get my hands on one of those plates, but after researching a little, it seems that the guy who made them kind of disappeared and hasnt logged on since june. is there anyone who is able to have these made?

dan

Armitage

Omori makes some nice ones.

This is the 1-piece metal panel, it's angled slightly toward the driver and has legs that snap right into place in the GVR4 DIN slot $40:
new3.sized.jpg

This is the 3-piece plastic panel, it has legs that attach to a DIN insert panel and has adjustable rings so you can aim your gauges. I don't think this one would work nearly as well in the GVR4 though (sorry best pic I have access to from work) $45:
CIMG1678.sized.jpg

http://www.j-spectuning.com/index.php/cPath/21_24_36

CP

Hey, I recognize those pedals /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That first one is the plate that I'm thinking about getting. Where can it be purchased from?

Last edited:

4Grim

Quote:
Omori makes some nice ones.

This is the 1-piece metal panel, it's angled slightly toward the driver and has legs that snap right into place in the GVR4 DIN slot $40:

How and where can you get them again? Thats a nice piece..looking to replace what I currently have.

so assuming i purchase the omori piece, i still need the factory double din bezel, correct?

dan

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts