The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Scans from my magazine article

Thought i would put it in here and one could be moved to the scans/archive or whatever.

I told them to cite this website/rhertz too and dsmtalk.com though I'm never on there.

Anyway, here they are though I suck at scanning.

Thank you Cody/Brady/Jonathan at s3 mag!

Edit: size fixed now.

Last edited by a moderator:

number3

I am jealous and it is hard to make me jealous. I have been a number of magazines big and small but never a dedicated spread.

I am very happy for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Congrats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif. They could have touched up the few paint flaws & the slats that were removed from the front bumper.

JB

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

4Grim

"The Anti-Rice" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Great article title! I too am very envious! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Last edited:

CP

Congratulations on the publication! Lots of good pictures in there.

However the editor of that magazine should stick to the kids books. I found a number of errors. It is a strange article too. They should have told the history of YOUR car, the mod path you took, and how it runs at the track; not the story of how you acquired the vehicle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

One of my big pet peeves is proofreading and proper grammer in printed publications. If it's getting printed, it should read properly with no spelling errors, no gramatical issues, and exhibit the sentence structures that we were all taught in 6th grade. European Car, by my account, is the worst offender. The magazine uses editors that aparently don't proofread any of their articles before they go to print.

On the other hand, it is quite possible that the magazine that your car has been featured in here has a target audience that speaks and writes like the article was written. I think it's an honor that his car was deemed worthy enough to warrant a multiple page spread in a magazine. Mine will never be that lucky.

Last edited:

Quote:
Congrats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif. They could have touched up the few paint flaws & the slats that were removed from the front bumper.

They didnt want to edit the way the car really looks, it looks like its driven everyday and it is.

I did however do a touch up job on that scuff under the front after seeing it this morning when I woke up.

As far as the story, its pretty much filler for the pictures. Which I dont care I love it.

I'll try to edit the pictures and bring them to normal size now that I'm at homw

By the way, this one is for the haters, I've done the work so you dont have to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

JB

**cough** CY **cough**

IncorpoRatedX

very nice lay out but that article is f***ing stupid.

CP

That was my point. I'm not saying anything bad or judgemental about Jay; just that the article text was junk. I'm entitled to my opinion, Joe.

CP

Which is what...that I was out of line to say the article appears to me to have been written and edited by a 5th grader?

I didn't read the article. I used to take pictures of cars & wanted the car to look it's best. I'd spend time touching up the little flaws which really enhances the picture & appeal of the car. Spelling & grammar errors shouldn't happen in any printed publication, it says a lot about the writer/publication.

I still send my congrats for getting the coverage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

The car is looking its best. I washed and waxed it. I'm not going to repaint the whole damn thing for some pictures.

curtis

Dude congrats on the centerfold. As for the writers they should be smacked with meat aross the ears or whatever he was talking about. I guess there trying to appeal to the 17 year olds on the interweb.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts