The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Who has a hook-up with Prothane mounts?

Terry Posten

I want the complete kit. 13-1902

In black if possible but cost is the paramount.

Let me know, thanks.

Terry Posten

That sucks!

Terry Posten

I finally bought my set fron Ebay. The seller was Prothane themselves.

I bought the set for $69.99 and free shipping.

Last edited:

Quote:
I finally bought my set fron Ebay. The seller was Prothane themselves.

I bought the set for $69.99 and free shipping.

How was it? Does it make the ride harsh?

I have the full set on my galant. It definitely rattles the interior a bit at low rpms. I'm going to try to trace down all of the rattles and fix them. It could just be my car though and others might not experience the same thing. I feel more vibration with these poly mounts on my galant then I did with solid engine mounts on my stealth.

Now are you guys just talking about Poly Engine mounts? or full bushing kits? (newbie...)

Last edited by a moderator:

blacksheep

Quote:
I have the full set on my galant. It definitely rattles the interior a bit at low rpms. I'm going to try to trace down all of the rattles and fix them. It could just be my car though and others might not experience the same thing. I feel more vibration with these poly mounts on my galant then I did with solid engine mounts on my stealth.

I agree. I have ridden in a gvr4 and several TEL's with motor mounts and it vibrates the dash, steering, shifter etc at idle and lower rpms. Most annoying in traffic when doing low speed 1st and 2nd gear. At higher speeds and interstate travel, its not felt as much, but I could tell they were there. Its well worth having, but you sacrific a little streetability.

Flip4G63

just man up and put em in. lol

they are stiff mounts. there going to make vibrations felt threw the whole car. if you have bigger cams. your going to feel them as well. any hickup the motor makes will be felt. vibrations are going to be had.

IMO there well worth it for the whole "feel" of things. i daily drive mine when its running and have no issues with them. you get used to it. kinda like going from stock suspension to coilovers.

if your worried about ride quality an dlike a smooth ride dont put them in as you will hate it. if you like a tight feeling car you will love them!!111

Dialcaliper

It doesn't seem like anyone has tried - to properly soundproof a car with stuff like dynamat, you'll be adding 200-300 pounds or more of sound insulation to get where you would want it. Dynamat or other sound insulation is not light stuff (either thick rubber, or asphalt mat - yes, asphalt). Rarely does that overlap with the group of people who tend to want to make the car lighter and stiffer.

To answer your question, yes, it will acheive the effect you want, but you'll be driving around with essentially an extra passenger or two all the time.

Last edited:

but you would still have the "shake" and resinance in the steereing wheel, shifter and seats

Terry Posten

I will chime back in since I was the one who started it.

I did go back to the stock (but filled) top/front mount. My driver side headlight was shaking too much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But to be fair, I am running a no BS 2.3 stroker with 280 cams. I have a whopping 9 inches of vac at idle.

I have not done any sound proofing other than making sure all parts of the cars interior are tight and the same under the hood. On a warm day/night (anything over 60 deg) my car is surprisingly quiet inside. If the temp drops, I get plastic trim rattling at idle and drives me nuts. That is why my car sits from November to April. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

If I had to do it all over again, I would stay with a 2.0L but still remove the BS, have the total rotating assembly balanced, buy all new stock mitsu mounts and she would be smooth again.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned