The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Mark Kaufman's car, #1420

Gentlemen, #1420, Mark "FogDarter" Kaufman's old car is back on the road!
I think Mark would have liked it. It is back to stock for now, but the rear end is done, The 26mm sway bar that he and I designed, but he never got to enjoy, is installed (I got the original prototype back from Whiteline that we built and sent to them).
However, it is temporarily back OFF the road due to a timing belt pulley problem..something is making a huge racket under the belt cover, and I just parked it out at the base to be safe.. Been a LONG time coming sourcing all the parts to rebuild the AWS and the rear end. I've driven her approximately 2k miles since I got her from the estate two years ago. She has been in my new shop ($44k, two story shop is nearly done, except for wiring and plumbing) since she got here. Now, however, she gets to endure a bit of weather while I work on #1244, which got bent, REALLY hard during a missed corner at my local road course..overcooked it a bit and even that sway bar couldn't save it..bent the drivers side upwards about 3 inches. Just glad it wasn't Mark's old car that I bounced.

Anyway, I'm still married to the witch and now she's having yet another one of her myriad of boyfriend's kids..this makes the second one not from me.. I really need to win the lottery so I can just give half of it to her, Hell, I'd give ALL of it to her just to get her out of my house, and life.

But I honestly think Mark is looking down on that car of his with some affection, and shaking his head at me for still being married to a woman that even HE hated..and Mark really didn't have a hateful bone in his body. The car is still in his name as well. If I ever have to sell her, it will go directly from Mark's hands to the new owners.

Glad to be back, and I wish you all a great holiday season.

Dave

curtis

Dave glad to see your back here and glad Mark's monster its back up and running. I was thinking about you and Mark as I was up under the car pulling the rear a few hours ago. I kept eye balling the baby sway bar and wondering what ever happened.

Sorry to here the other news.

For you that don't know which will be most of the Newbees Mark was a long time member of the board and a great guy to deal with. He was the man when it came to suspension facts and worked to have a 26mm rear bar and other parts developed for our old worn out rides. We lost him to cancer a few years ago and Beemer which was a close friend to him took on the project of finishing his ride and getting her back to road status. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Last edited:

Yea, I've been thinking of mounting my original 26mm copy on the mantel. Seeing as that I'm too lazy to install it. Glad she was up and running now man. That is a horror story about the wife though

kartorium

good to hear from ya man, I was just thinking the other day that you've been missing for a long time. Also glad to hear Mark's car is up on the road again, what you've done is amazing and I'm sure he'd be proud.

Rausch

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Hmm, interesting comments, as I think I was thinking about you and Mark just about a week ago. "Whatever happened with Beemer?"

Glad to hear the car is running.

I'm all for forgiveness, but you are really a patient man I guess. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

wb, Dave...good 2 c u posting.
hope you get out of your current situation real soon, though.

20gvr4

I know I am young, but what is the point of staying with this lady? I know there is legality issues and such, but is it worth it to stay with her? Anyways, congrats on getting the car running, and holiday wishes to you too!

atc250r

Staff member
Nice to see you around again Dave! Please keep us updated on Mark's car and your's.

John

Glad to hear Mark's pristine GVR4 is rolling again. When I went down there to assess it, it looked like he had just gone inside to take a break from working on it. Nothing about the scene said "I'm done" or "it's done."

I hope his guitars went to someone who'll appreciate them; he really wore some mojo into the old Guild.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned