The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1G AWD Springs-Pictures/Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluFalcon

Installed a set of AGX's with new strut mounts on my car with 1G AWD springs all around. I also used the 2G rear strut mounts and rubber insulators for the rear springs. I didn't cut the front springs, as I don't think it looks that bad as it sits. I know this subject has been beaten to death, but I figured it might be nice to have some before and after pictures if anyone was thinking about doing this in the future. Onto the pics:

Galant1.JPG

Here's the car with the stock suspension.

Galant4.JPG

Another shot from the DS Rear corner with the stock suspension.

Galant14.JPG

Here's a shot from the side with the 1G AWD Springs and 2G Rear Upper Strut Mounts/Insulators installed. The 2G Rubber Isolators didn't want to fit in the 1G Springs easily. They went in with a little force. I suppose someone could trim them down to fit if needed.

Galant15.JPG

Closeup of the PS rear wheel. Don't mind the rust on the rotors. We had some rain the night before.

Galant17.JPG

DS Front. For some reason I didn't get a shot of the PS Front.

Galant18.JPG

DS Rear.

Galant16.JPG

DS Front Corner.

Galant19.JPG

PS Front Corner.

Galant6.JPG

Galant8.JPG

Comparison shots of the Stock VS AGX Struts.

Galant7.JPG

151K Mile Stock Struts. Nice cracks.

After doing the swap, I'm not too sure how to feel about it. It looks a lot better with the lower stance but the car seems a bit bouncier on the rougher streets in town. That might have a lot to do with the 225/45/17 tires I'm running right now. I recently picked up a set of EVO 8 springs and I may try them out in the rear. If that doesn't work right, I may just pick up a set of GC coilovers. Anyway, hope this helps someone out. Thanks.

spartan

Nice write up! This is very helpful to me anyways, as I am in the middle of trying to decide what I want to do with my suspension. I am thinking about going with the evo suspension set up as I should be able to get that for cheaper than the cost of the agx's alone.

thanks for the information. i was woundering how much 1g springs would drop the car. now i know! Thanks again

Quote:
eh.. it doesnt even look like its lowered. i wouldnt put those on my ride

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Not everyone wants their car to be undriveably low. I have a really steep driveway and even at the height of mine the exhaust tips will scrape, but the hotbits wont let me put the rear up higher.

IMG_9467_.jpg

IMG_9465_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned