The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

3G steering wheel installed.

gvr4ever

I have been PMed more then once asking for a pic. I have misplaced a number of interior pics, but I did find this one.

I'll add more to my profile the next time I clean up my car.

How's the size compared to oem & dsm? Is it a true bolt-on? Does it have air bag?

gvr4ever

I think it is about the same size as the original. It's thicker and has a better feel to it. It is a direct bolt in, but the air bag was disabled. The horn is not currently hooked up because the setup is different. I just rev at people or get out of the way.

spartan

Wow, that looks really nice! To disable the airbag did you set it off or just not hook up any electrical?

steve

Wow that looks nice. I remember when they first started putting airbags in, and you'd have a huge bulge in the steering wheel and it looked like sh*t. That thing is very sleek.

atc250r

Staff member
You just leave it disconnected (not that there is any place to connect it on our cars). That wheels looks REALLY good, I've gotta keep an eye on for one on ebay.

John

gvr4ever

Quote:
Is it just me, or does your dash have a nice glow to it?

It's just the camera settings. No flash was used, so the shutter had to stay open longer. I havn't done anything to the dash. I've tried, but the color replacement bulbs I tried didn't fit right.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I was the originator of this install (not trying to take away from William, just my part of the story). I removed the inflator portion of the airbag unit so it cannot deploy, keeping the bag in there to keep the proper feel.

The splines are a direct fit. Weight is heavy, so feeling is nice. I love the grip. Driving 115 now with the stock wheels despite it's leather makes me miss the wheel on 855.

I actually modified my setup with a horn ring provided to me by Ward (467) from some other car (early galant?, don't recall) and had the horn working. It stopped for some reason and I have not fixed it yet. Maybe a wiring issue.

I think I posted a pic once, but can't remember for sure, and can't find it now.

quasimondo

Quote:
You just leave it disconnected (not that there is any place to connect it on our cars). That wheels looks REALLY good, I've gotta keep an eye on for one on ebay.

John

This might be the biggest craze since the blue driving shoes. I might have to track down one myself.

steve

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Rick showed up to the meet with those things on.

atc250r

Staff member
I looked at mine before I left and just couldn't bring myself to do it.

John

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts