The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Found my exhaust leak.

Barnes

I wasn't expecting to find this!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

steve

pwnt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ohh Snap!! looks like someone will be upgrading a turbo soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Barnes

Pyro putty?

Well, I really don't want to mess with it at the moment. The car is down due to dead transmission bearings plus a clutch job for good measure. Just waiting for parts from TRE that he shipped like a week after he said he would. I figured while I had everything out I would hunt for the leak and there it was. Maybe I'll get a new turbo for the white car and take the turbine housing off the questionable 14b on there now.

RayH

Pyro-Putty

It's one of those things that have been around for a long time but really isn't advertised. I've used the Pyro-Putty 2400 and it's one of the few things that can stand the heat from the turbo. You can get it at McMaster Carr I think for around $30. I wouldn't count on it for for holding a load but it's great for patching cracks.

CP

I've got a few 14b housings I can part with. They're not in the greatest shape, but they're better than yours. PM me if you're interested.

Quote:
Pyro-Putty

It's one of those things that have been around for a long time but really isn't advertised. I've used the Pyro-Putty 2400 and it's one of the few things that can stand the heat from the turbo. You can get it at McMaster Carr I think for around $30. I wouldn't count on it for for holding a load but it's great for patching cracks.

Hmm... I'd like to see if Pyro-Putty works!

steve

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts