The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

brake line help

gaylantvr4

Would there be any down sides to using a 1 peice brake line for the front. I am thinking of using a russell dot approved brake line for my willwood calipers. I know as long as i clearence the line away from rubbing or hitting anything and make sure there is no binding i should be allright. I would like input from people with experence.
thanks joe

Matticus

Just make sure it is tied up out of the way good, and check it regularly. SS brakelines could rub themselves through concrete given enough time.

I don't know if the fittings on the Willwood calipers are the same as stock, but I would get 2 piece lines if it were me. You can get a whole set for like 120 bucks from RRE or Sloyboy. That's just my 2 cents.

gaylantvr4

That is what i wanted to do but the shortest brake line i could find is 12''. The 12'' lines stick out and hit the sway bar link and get caught on it. That is why i want to do a 1 peice line.

atc250r

Staff member
BCE makes 9" lines and Behrents.com sells them with #3AN ends on them.

John

nrvous

Russell makes a 9" line as well.
www.summitracing.com
RUS-656012

I put single piece lines to the stock brakes and just used AN adapters for everything.
Then I mounted a steel loop strap to the stock bracket mounting location on the back of the shock to pass the line through.

Rubber-Cushioned Steel Loop Straps
http://www.mcmaster.com/nav/enter.asp?partnum=3225T23&pagenum=1344

Here are the adapter part numbers for the 3AN adapters for the brake caliper and the mounted fitting on the wheelwell, for the records.
EAR-592032ERL
EAR-989543ERL

Stephen

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts