The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GReddy Profec B Spec 2 Gain adjustment,

Boostin21

Alright i have a greddy profec 2 boost controller. i had it installed on my last car and i kept dickin with the gain setting and i never got it right i think. i dont know the instructions seem all jibberish to me.
For those who dont know what gain is, its used to adjust boost consistency it adjusts the sensitivity of the valve control.
Well i guess no one can truthfully help me but i plan on running an evo 16g and about 18 psi for high setting and 11 for low. what gain are you guys running, or what can you guys recommend i run.
thanks a bunch yo

ken inn

iirc, the gain is set real low. i thought the dual boost feature was useless. i just kept it on 18 lbs all the time. the thing works excellent, whatever level you set the boost at, it is right on. but it is a mofo to read. also, whatever crazy language the number system is in, i could never figger out. one of them was supposed to be psi, and another kpsi, but they just dont make sense. i used my boost gauge to set boost. check with andrew newton, he bought my car, houston. i think i gave him an excellent write up in language a normal person can understand, it was on one of the other groups, and was very good. just like the mike jackson article on afc tuning.

ken inn

THAT'S IT. makes the tuning easy.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts