The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cast Manifolds....

SleepinGVR4

Is everyone making their own cast manifolds? I know Slowboy has been selling a cast manifold supposedly bigger than the EVOIII for a while. But so is DSMParts.com, and MachV.com. Is just one company making them and everyone else is distributing them or is everyone making their own. Slowboy calls theirs the Racing Cast Manifold but DSM parts calls theirs the GT Manifold. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

SleepinGVR4

Interesting... Is there really that big of a difference between the EVO III GT Manifold and the regular EVO III? And Geoff why are you an ex-mach v employee if you don't mind me askin?

TWEAKD4

I believe just like the copy of the MHI Evo3 16g and naming it the Evo 3 16g GT they copied the maniold as well. Just calling it the "GT" manifold.

Quote:
And Geoff why are you an ex-mach v employee if you don't mind me askin?

I started with Dan when it was just TWO of us working out of the basement of his house in 2000. The business expended and we moved into an actual building. Times changed again, Mach V needed to downsize and I was burnt out answering the 1000 already answered questions. The commute for me was getting to be too much. Trying to get to Mach V in the morning was taking 1.5 hours when it would take 30 mins on a weekend. So imagine being burnt out from you morning job, and THEN having to go work for SSgts, Lieutenants,and the like, but being burnt out from your day job......

That's not a good look.

So I ended up leaving Mach V so I could take my job at DoD alot more seriously /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Most of you guys know me under my old screen name... MachVR4

Quote:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Figures.

?????????????????

Last edited by a moderator:

number3

Quote:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Figures.

What is wrong with that?

SleepinGVR4

All these knock offs and altercations to things that already exist confuse me. I just wondered if there was a better cast manifold out there beside the EVO III.

Thats cool. The reason i asked because i wondered if you had some serious problem with the company. Because i saw that they carried parking brake cables.... and i need some real bad.

slugsgomoo

you are correct. it's also massive, and I don't think it fits with the stock radiator. If you look at andre (grocery getter)'s "550WHP" thread, you'll see some pictures that show the HKS mani, if you're interested.

atc250r

Staff member
Turbonetics makes a T3 cast one just in case someone is interested in going that route.

John

The HKS manifold was made specifically for the gvr-4 and will clear the radiator......
Pics of a HKS manny:

Quote:
you are correct. it's also massive, and I don't think it fits with the stock radiator. If you look at andre (grocery getter)'s "550WHP" thread, you'll see some pictures that show the HKS mani, if you're interested.

grocery_getter

From the last picture, that doesn't look like a picture of the original HKS manifold.

Compare it with this picture that I got for mine:

http://www.pinamotorsports.com/gallery/album86/tn_DSC02650

(I tried editing this post a couple time to attach the image but I can't - mods, help)

You can see how the wastegate flange is different.

Ignore the add on SS pipe that I welded on there for the Tial 44 w/g.

My w/g outlet is cast like a small elephant nose, coming off at a down angle from the collector's back side. The previous owner had cut (I assume) the original HKS 40mm w/g flange off the "nose" and sent it to me that way. I welded my own "extension" to mount the Tial w/g.

Looks like from that picture that you have, the w/g mounting flange is flat and more for like a Tial 38mm or Turbonetics Deltagate 38mm w/g.

Is that a copy-cat HKS manifold? Mine is reasonably OLD. Mine has been around since Brent Rau was using it on his car. Then passed down a couple people before it reaches me. That one in the picture looks brand new.

Last edited:

number3

grocery_getter

Harry, you and Nate are old timers like me. Have you ever had a chance to see an original HKS T4 manifold and see what type of w/g flange is on there? I dont know of any HKS w/g that uses the 2 bolt flange, I think the last original one I saw in person was more than a couple years ago and I swear it had something else other than a 2 bolts w/g flange, or maybe it was me who forgot things.

The top pictures are from Shannon's car, the bottom with the manifold by itself is of a HKS, look at the casting mark on number 4 cyl. in first picture. The second is the manifold turned upside down, same manifold. I have attached pictures of mine I got from COVR4 a long time ago, has mostly surface rust becasue I haven't used it yet. I have both the cast and a custom elbow for the wastegate tube both have two bolt flanges on one end, 4 bolts on the wastegate side. I also have an original wastegate as well pics attached. They are a nice part of history, but then again just paying for the name.....

Quote:
From the last picture, that doesn't look like a picture of the original HKS manifold.

Compare it with this picture that I got for mine:

http://www.pinamotorsports.com/gallery/album86/tn_DSC02650

(I tried editing this post a couple time to attach the image but I can't - mods, help)

You can see how the wastegate flange is different.

Ignore the add on SS pipe that I welded on there for the Tial 44 w/g.

My w/g outlet is cast like a small elephant nose, coming off at a down angle from the collector's back side. The previous owner had cut (I assume) the original HKS 40mm w/g flange off the "nose" and sent it to me that way. I welded my own "extension" to mount the Tial w/g.

Looks like from that picture that you have, the w/g mounting flange is flat and more for like a Tial 38mm or Turbonetics Deltagate 38mm w/g.

Is that a copy-cat HKS manifold? Mine is reasonably OLD. Mine has been around since Brent Rau was using it on his car. Then passed down a couple people before it reaches me. That one in the picture looks brand new.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts