The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

9g RalliArt Galant PRAISED

mistaVR4

I like it! I'd buy one.

quasimondo

They'd be silly not to make this. The front end is still ugly as sin, though.

steve

Quote:
Galants aren't supposed to slalom at 69 mph. They don't run the quarter mile in 14.4 seconds at 98.5 mph and can't do Motor Trend's figure-eight in 25.7 seconds. And no Galant behaves like an Evo.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Polish

I would drive a Galant, they are pretty cool. Oh wait I already do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif That new one is sweet though.

Muskrat

Quote:
Quote:
Galants aren't supposed to slalom at 69 mph. They don't run the quarter mile in 14.4 seconds at 98.5 mph and can't do Motor Trend's figure-eight in 25.7 seconds. And no Galant behaves like an Evo.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Quote:
But this one does.

I know another one that does /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

G

Staff member
rre hmmm..

Redlinegvr4

ya i think my galant would easily put up those numbers

4Grim

Quote:

Yah..I was pretty puzzled about the comment myself. I am sure the current Motor Trend staff is a bunch of young guys who never knew that GVR4's existed. Maybe someone here should email them a Back issue when they test drove the GVR4 back then.

yeah seen it at the NYC auto show..very nice color. I would buy one. But what happens to the brand name of galant vr4?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

steve

What do you mean G4? Its not a VR4, right off the bat its non-turbo and FWD.

JB

^the 2 worst things about it imo.

Mark LaVallee

The worst thing is it is ugly and weighs as much as your average aircraft carrier.

I am pleasantly surprised when one of the great unwashed praises our car. However I don't expect it, and I do not hold my breath.

joec

Quote:
what is a stock vr4's slalom speed and breaking distance and 0-60mph time with someoneo who would drive it like they stole it? Maybe we should complain to their magazine. Do they not know that we are still here?

http://www.minnstech.com/galantspec.htm

0-60mph: 6.8sec (Manufacturer), 7.0sec (Car and Driver), 7.3sec (Motor Trend), 7.9sec (Design News)
0-100mph: 21.9sec (Car and Driver)
Standing 1/4 mile: 15.2sec @ 89 mph (Manufacturer), 15.6sec @ 88mph (Car and Driver), 15.6sec @ 89mph (Motor Trend)
Top Speed: 130mph (Manufacturer), 132 (Car and Driver), 130 (Design News)
Skidpad: 0.78g (Car and Driver), 0.80g (Motor Trend), 0.77g (Design News)
Braking 70-0mph: 183ft (Car and Driver)
Braking 60-0mph: 130ft (Motor Trend)
Slalom: 60.8mph (Car and Driver), 64.9mph (Motor Trend)

It was impressive by 1991 standards, but not so much by today's standards. A current V6 4-door Honda Accord automatic would probably best all these numbers stock-for-stock /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hummm...
Would make a nice family car/daly, Silver or Black... droped... on 20's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif PIMP'N!

JB

20" volks...

Quote:
What do you mean G4? Its not a VR4, right off the bat its non-turbo and FWD

No, I mean...why don't they bring a VR4 galant again here....it's a shame /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4Grim

Quote:
No, I mean...why don't they bring a VR4 galant again here....it's a shame

Well..after the 6g Gen Galant, there wasn't any real market for mid size sedans to be performance based, the focus was praticality, reliability, and price. The North American market during the mid to late 90's were SUV's...its what consumers wanted, so manufactures put it out there. Just recently Mid Size "performance" sedans are becoming more popular probably due to the early to mid 90's young "performance" sport compact owners now having family's wanting more of that type of car rather than a SUV and not to mention gas prices these days. 7th gen and 8th gen Galant continued the VR-4 model in Europe and Asia but instead using a V6 twin turbo AWD setup. Mitsu finally got on the bandwagon with mid size performance cars...Nissan beefed up there Altima and Maxima and even Mazda is not offering a AWD V6 turbo Mazda 6.

Here are some pics of the VR4's we never got to see in the U.S. shores:

Here are the E8 chassis 7th Gens

Here is a E8 7th Gen with a 6th Gen GVR4 4g63t swap

Here are some E9 8th Gen VR-4s

Thats JUN Racing's Time Attack 800hp+ VR4

Last edited:

Muskrat

Quote:
Quote:
What do you mean G4? Its not a VR4, right off the bat its non-turbo and FWD

No, I mean...why don't they bring a VR4 galant again here....it's a shame /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

It's quite simple really. It would create competition for the Evo, which is already selling poorly.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts