The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Project 1649 *warning, tons of photos*

I got one too

Well I finally got the GSX subframes on 1649 and test fitted the Volk GTP's. List of completed tasks:

- GSX front and rear subframes with ES poly bushings.
- 4 bolt lsd rear
- 5 lug conversion
- no 4ws
- no abs
- manual rack pinion
- welded trailing arm mod
- koni yellows with eibach prokits (i really want some teins!!!)
- ingalls front and rear adjustable camber controls
- steel braided brake lines
- new ball joints and steering knuckles
- jdm front and rear bumpers (still need to fab some front brackets)
- jdm motorized side view mirrors (why? i dunno, still asking myself that question)
- jdm head lights
- jdm corner lights
- 89 tail lights
- paulo amg front grill

after all this...my 'to do' list is still pretty looong.

I still need to source a stock hood before I send her off to the body shop. Anyone got one laying around near Southern Cali?

Some pictures...

Last edited:

mistaVR4

Looks like it's coming along really nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif, what color are you going to paint it?

Hertz

Staff member
Are you thinking about putting some mesh behind that grill?

Looks awesome!

You got the retractable mirrors for when you parallel park and don't want to lose a mirror. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

NICE!! That looks like some hard long work
Good Luck

Install some mesh on Paulo's AMG grill it looks much sleeker that way, I can post a pic of mine if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:

gtride

Looks like a good project. So what is going to be the power plant? and Turbo? What color is it going to be? Post some pic here where you got more progress.

I got one too

got the front wheels on, rolled the car back and forth to see how the rear sat...

It's pretty slammed. I might need to get 235 width tires instead of the 245's that's on there right now. Rims are 17x8 +43 offset.

Motor will be stock for now. I do have a built bottom end that's been sitting since '02. It has JE pistons, Crower rods, knife edge crank, and no balance shafts. As soon as I drop off the car to the body shop for a finish of Infiniti Twilight Blue, maybe I'll start porting my head which will take in HKS 272's, JUN adjustable sprockets, webcam valve spring kit, 1mm ss valves, new guides, and new gen lifters. Turbo...i'm still undecided. I do have a Garrett t3/t4 60-1 stg 3 w/ .82 a/r that is...yes..sitting around still brand new in box! I might sell it to my friend and go for a FP Green.

I will put a mesh in the grill and an rx-7 air to air oil cooler will sit right behind it.

I got one too

Well she is about 90% done. I still have tons of things to do.

built bottom end consists of JE pistons, Crower rods, knife edge crank, ARP hardware, and of course no BS

Closer look at the knife edge crank...

Fresh from the body shop...

Porting head. No flow bench, so the only thing I can really do is clean up the castings...

dialing in the HKS 272's

Still need to wire up the JDM headlights and fogs...

There it is. I'm still waiting on my window mouldings and vr4 emblems, which cost me $460!!!! javascript:void(0)
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

I will be breakin her in this weekend...hopefully.

Last edited:

Polish

Looking great!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I got one too

Hahaha...you got a good eye there Mike. Well it's a Mazda RX-4. I've had it for almost 9 years now. Haven't touched it yet. That will be another LOOOOONG project.

I got one too

Thanks for all the comments guys. For anyone who goes through a restoration project like this can tell you that...it's a PITA and hella $$$. The long hours spent cleaning, number of beers consumed, cigs puffed, latex gloves used, parts cleaned, busted knuckles, and curse words expressed...its all worth it.

Nice work!! I'm in the process of doing a 4bolt/5lug swap as well, I have everything ripped out but nothing put back in, LOL. Was the rear subframe hard to lift up into place?

4Grim

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif You did a awsome job man!!! The car is beautiful!!

Good looking car! Nice to see another GVR-4 back on the road.

One question though. Do you plan on going really fast in reverse?
(hint: look at the tires) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quote:

Quote:

I was going to ask about the width of the tire but you already answered, 245 on 17x8 +45 offset... I thought they'd stick out but it doesn't seem that way at all or do they? Nice ride man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif By the way, you started this thread almost a year ago damn! Long project but well worth it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

I got one too

Ahh...thanks for pointing out the tires. Totally forgot about that. They are the Kumho Ecsta Supra's. I need to check if they are directional. As for the rims and tire combo. I actually have some 17x8 37mm offset for the front and 17x9 37mm offset in the back. I test fitted the rears and they fit...barely. I need to grind the trailing arm, roll the fender, get smaller width tires, and camber it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts