The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear brake upgrade with E-brake

Yiuwa

I saw this on Taiwan Yahoo

http://tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/1131728652

hf2747-img600x450-1097076831p1040188-8.jpg

It seems that this guy has bracket kit for mitsubishi cars for rear brake upgrade (say to Nissan 300ZX dual piston set up + larger disc) which also equips with drum handbrake (for ~$550 - including calipers, 286mm vented discs, pads for service and emergency brakes, of both sides). I am really interested. Has anyone tried something like that? Can you share your experience on something similar?

Yiuwa

This is a nice idea but won't fit our chassis since there is no provision in our hubs for the drum brake.

For a rear upgrade:
* AEM relocation kit [don't know if it is still made, but plug&play]
* TCE / Wilwood?
* 3kGT VR4 rear rotors, alternate calipers [Cobra, RX-7, et al] and custom brackets
* go crazy and swap over the 3kGT VR4 rear trailing arms
* go to a hydraulic handbrake / line lock

For the Archives - Mustang rear calipers w/ integral parking brake can be made to fit a GVR4 with a couple of spacers, brackets, and OEM DSM FWD rear flare-to-banjo brake line adapters. The GVR4 parking brake cables are just barely long enough with a 2" spacer. This would be a lot easier on a TEL w/ GVR4 parking brake lines (~3" longer).

What a PITA. I don't recommend it to any one. Next time I'm going hydraulic line lock and not worrying about the #$@! parking brake cable. But at least after almost two years the brakes are done.

Specifics: 302x18mm Toyota RAV4 front rotors bored to Mitsu rear 90mm centerbore; SN95 Mustang Cobra rear brake calipers/brackets (38.1mm piston).

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts