The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

EXTERIOR APPEARANCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

can everyone who has done exterior appearance mods list what they've done and possibly where it can be sourced please. anything exterior from as small as spray nozzles to body kits etc.

i want to fix up the outer looks of my car now..

4orced4door

Different factory bumpers, grills, headlights, and corner lights, along with the obvious wheels/lowering is about all anyone on this forum does. VR4s do not generally look good with body kits, nor are they readily available. The occasional person will remove the wing or use an R32 or EVO wing, of which only the R32 really looks good. A few people thought to get carbon fiber hoods, but look how that ended up.

Last edited:

cheekychimp

It's true, I modded the hell out of my 1998 V6 VR-4 in the exterior and interior looks dept but I still think the 'original' VR-4 has one of the most discreetly aggressive looks I have ever seen on a car and I have no plans to do anything with it other than mildly flare the arches (M3 style) to put in some bigger rims. I'm not trying to put you off but most exterior body mods reviewed on this site did NOT look good at all. You have one of the nicest looking vehicles on the road already. Some rims, a JDM vented hood, maybe some JDM bumpers and that's about it really.

Paul

JB

now if those damn JDM hoods were available somehow... Ive yet to see a price or an add for one for sale.

cheekychimp

Yeah well I hate to bring it up because don't think carbon fibre is the most popular subject right now. But a local cf shop here in Hong Kong turned out my 8G Galant EVO VI style vented hood in two weeks and the quality was excellent. I am seriously thinking about getting a JDM hood, trunk, JDM bumpers (+ supports) and fenders all moulded and built here for my car. Judging from the number of people after JDM bumpers I considered asking who might be interested especially as freight would probably be cheaper. But I figured I'd get the stuff done before I threw it open. That way people put money down with a realistic expectation of getting a product back within 2-4 weeks. And they will know up front what the cost is as I'll eat the costs on the moulds probably.

Paul.

What about that black Japanese VR4 with the vented bonnet and the Evo 6 style flares...that looked pretty tough.

Mike.

That's exactly how I want my car to look when I'm done with it. Only in Kensington Grey!

ken inn

Quote:
can everyone who has done exterior appearance mods list what they've done and possibly where it can be sourced please. anything exterior from as small as spray nozzles to body kits etc.

i want to fix up the outer looks of my car now..

here:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/718828

i gotta gotta go throw up now.

Quote:

Errp!, Coffee and eggs and I didn't even have time to get out of my chair.

Most mods I have seen including wings are just plain bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkDevilMMM

Quote:

are you talking about the car or the lady? either way, yeah....

I like the wide body fender flare also, any fiber glass expert want to make us some?

Muskrat

I believe i read somewhere (on the board, to lazy to search and link) that the flares were just universal flares, molded very well into the body.

GVR4458

Those body kits mught look OK if they used some fender flares. The really bulbous nose and ass look so stupid on such a slim body (unless you're really into the 'booty' thing).

EH

JDM bumpers and AMG smooth sides and sideskirts come to mind as tasteful and faithful to original mods.

ken inn

Quote:
The really bulbous nose and ass look so stupid on such a slim body (unless you're really into the 'booty' thing).

EH

i didnt like her hair, either.

maybe if she was humping the hood in boots and a miniskirt, she'd be a looker.

To be completely honest, I think the stock USDM GVR-4s look PERFECT just the way they were shipped to us.
I'm not a huge fan of the JDM bumpers or the AMG trim pieces. Bring the car down from its 4x4 stance, darken up the windows a bit and stand back and enjoy its beauty.

Quote:
To be completely honest, I think the stock USDM GVR-4s look PERFECT just the way they were shipped to us.
I'm not a huge fan of the JDM bumpers or the AMG trim pieces. Bring the car down from its 4x4 stance, darken up the windows a bit and stand back and enjoy its beauty.

you make a good case.

i do like the smooth sides, but i could live without them, too.

Muskrat

I like it's subtle agressivness, however, since the sleeper effect is wearing off, at least in some circles, I do like the more agressive look of it with fender flairs and a lowered stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts