The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

LEDs in 2057, anyone have/try?

PJGross

Updating/replacing bulbs. For tail lights, anyone replace their 2057s with LEDs like Sylvania 2057 White SYL LED Mini Bulbs?

I did a search but didn't come up with anything.

-PJ

tektic

Haven't used that brand, do they have resisters in them? You will have fast flashing blinkers if they don't.

CutlassJim

click

I used these guys for my Forester and Galant. Need the respective colored versions as the white in the red section of the tails was just pink. The red is very vivid and it woke up the 89 tails very nicely.

The white 1156 version is an amazing upgrade for the backup lights too.

Price was good and quality seemed nice enough and they work.

mooserage

Staff member
I used the Sylvania LEDs for the turn signals in the rear, but I also added the resistors to fix the overactive blinkers. I really like how bright they are, but the cost and effort to add the resistors may not be worth it for everyone. FYI, the resistors get very hot, so make sure you properly mount them. There are a number of people on Amazon that have melted plastic because they mounted them to plastic parts.

PJGross

I ordered the ones linked above in red. I just did one pair for the outer brake tail lights. They are definitely brighter, and no issue with flashing. However, the difference between low and high is not as much as the incandescent 2057s. A little bummed with this, to the point where I may just leave the inboard ones as they are so they have a better low / high differential.

I also picked up a 10 pack of 194s for various locations. Pain that they are polar but so far so good.

Fog lights were a little weird. I did silverstars (non-leds) and they didn't light up at first. I checked the fuse, I pulled the switch to make sure it had continuity, then resorted to wiggling the connector in back of each and they both came back to life. Not sure what was going on there but they are working now.

Slowly getting the dust knocked off of every part of #490....

-PJ

PJGross

In case anyone wants to see, here are the outers in those LEDs vs the inners in incandescent:
1 white 194 LED in the right license bulb spot for comparison of those, too.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
The license plate light is a definite improvement.

PJGross

When ordering ambers for the front turn signals, I just learned the difference between a BA15S and BA15D bulb... the hard way.

Oh well. Anyone need a pair of amber 1156 LEDs with one contact at the bottom? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-PJ

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts