The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner of 866/1000

thomcasey

Installed my Ground Control coil-over kit on KYB-AGX struts. Decided to not use the Tien camber plates as the pillow-balls are bent and the plates are a little "domed" due to a too low setting on the struts from the coil-over kit. I might see if someone wants to use the plates as a template and produce some more for the masses. I can't find them anywhere on the webs.

Front

Rear

CutlassJim

Do yourself a favor and cake those threads in antiseize or wheel bearing grease. Or if you want to spend the money those coilover bags work absolutely amazing.

thomcasey

There is copper anti-seize between the collar and the adjustment seat. I cleaned the rest of the threads after setting the height.

CutlassJim

Just based off experience that's going to give you nice clean threads under the collar surrounded by rusted solid threads everywhere else. Have been 20-25 sets of ground controls over the years and they all do it. Not the best anodize on them.

But do what you want.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting CutlassJim:
Do yourself a favor and cake those threads in antiseize or wheel bearing grease. Or if you want to spend the money those coilover bags work absolutely amazing.

Jim, what are these "bags" of which you speak? I googled and only found airbag suspension kits. Are they a protective cover? Link?

Tkx.

thomcasey

They are covers. Here is a link to an example LINK

The rears that I replaced were 11 year old GC coilovers, they loosened up real easy. I do not plan on changing the height once I have it set. I only spent $100 for replacement parts. They will get me by untill the struts go, then I will consider some BC's

thomcasey

Decided to install my Blaupunkt mids in the front doors since I received new Alpine tweeters. I decided to put the tweeters in the speaker grills instead of in the door panel.

Tweeters

Old reliable mids (Left-over from my boosted colt's build a few years ago)

Speaker grill with crossover installed

Grill from the front

Last edited:

thomcasey

Completed passenger panel

Completed drivers panel

Nice, almost factory, look.

bobdole

Nice install of the speakers. Clean job.

thomcasey

Got her tinted today. 20% all around, lifetime warranty for $149.99. These guys did my swapped 91 Colt in 2015 and they still do great work. Now just need to get the windshield replaced and paint the hood.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
All your progress looks good Tom.

thomcasey

Found the wheel color I like from Dupli-Color Wheel coating and tested it on my spare wheel. Got the finishing touch in from Riga, Latvia. Now to power wash the the wheels on the car and paint/sticker them.

gvr4ever

Quoting bobdole:
Nice install of the speakers. Clean job.

+1

Way to keep it as stock as possible looking.

thomcasey

That is the goal. I figure the lettering will offset the colors enough to separate them. I expect the front Brembo's and rear calipers (soon to be dark blue since they need paint anyway) should kept is a subdued mod look (I hope). Worst case, a matching blue line around the outer lip of the rims might be needed. We will see.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts