The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

E85 question

Terrance362

In the mist of changing my street car over to e85 and possibly changing my lines from the tank to -8 and -6. Do I need to change them or can I get by without changing them?

Feel free to tell me your e85 setup

Last edited:

G

Staff member
I've been looking for a small 6" rubber fuel line that is submersible in e85, no luck.

JNR

Neoprene or Buna-N rubber is compatible with ethanol.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Be aware that if your fuel system seeing X amount of boost, it will be rising one psi per lb of boost, so that doesn't leave much of a window or outright surpasses 50 psi rated lines.
I think that put you in nylon or the 30R9 category as listed, but not sure if that means pushlock fuel hose, but likely that is it. Not supposed to need clamps on that fuel line, but they mention clamping ... but maybe they mean a crimp like an ac pressure hose, but with pushlock hose. It is essentially pressures that AC hoses would see.

slugsgomoo

I'm running PTFE AN braided hose on my car, -8 from the tank to the firewall, and then mostly factory return.

While I haven't been running E85 on the old motor, the fuel setup is unchanged, and with base pressure at 50psi (because tiny injectors (that are getting replaced)), I was seeing peak fuel pressure of 77 PSI, and nothing blew apart /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Though frankly, once you get to the regulator, the output side of that should be much, much lower pressure.

strokin4dr

I ran into the issue of the factory return being too small for a walbro 450. I am waiting to install my fuel pressure sensor to confirm suspicions but everything is pointing to that being the case. When running E85 it wasn't an issue but when going back to pump gas, with the engine using less fuel volume, the pressure issue shows up again.

slugsgomoo

have you considered running the factory send line as the return? with that and a Bosch 044 on a buddy's car, I was able to turn base pressure down under 15psi.

I can tell you that with the walbro 450 in tank and the walbro 392 on the firewall in my car, my idle pressure is rock solid, though I'm running 50psi base, so YMMV.

Do you have a sensor on the regulator? I wouldn't expect to see pressure ramp past 1:1 when driving, so if it's good at idle, it should be ok...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts