The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Carbon Fiber Parts?

914cheeko

Does anyone know where I can find a carbon fiber hood? Im hoping to make my GVR4 sub-3k lb. while keeping the rear seats and interior. I looked all over the internet and can't find one. I've heard other GVR4 owners say they use one on their car.

Eztoril

A quick internet search and I found this. Not sure if this will make you faster tho.

Invader CF gvr4 hood

gs300cky

I wish there was more parts, I've been looking and cant really find anything else besides these and the duraflex hoods. I wanted a CF hood and trunk.

LIV4PSI

Carbonetics is supposed to make a good, trunk, roof and drag wing this winter. Someone already bought him a GVR4 to make molds from, so its almost a definite

pot

Staff member
There are plenty of vendors that manufacture carbon fiber stock hoods for the galant. The catch is the wait time and cost of shipping.

That said, I see you would like your galant to weigh-in at less than 3,000 lbs. -Thats a huge weight drop for this platform and will entail quite a bit beyond obviously the hood and trunk.

If you haven’t already I would encourage you to consider removing/replacing the following:

1) 4WS system
2) Cruise Control
3) Emission System
4) ABS System *Full removal to include associated wiring, Ring Gear, Sensors, etc.
5) Relocate battery and replace with a lightweight unit
6) ACT/Fidanza Light weight Flywheel
7) Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Driveshaft
8) Balance Shaft Delete
9) A/C System *Full removal to include associated wiring behind the dash
10) Manual Seatbelt conversion from LS/GS 89 - 93 galant
11) Replace front seats
12) Replace fuel tank with a Fuel Cell
13) *Hop on the treadmill and shed 10 lbs of driver weight

There are a few posts on this subject and I encourage you to use the forums search function. If you have any specific questions regardless of how minute they may seem please ask. We’re here to help!

jcgalntvr4-244

I think there is a guy named PRE EVO that can make you a CF hood

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts