The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ZERO (300,000)

gtluke

DONE
I'm done.
There's only a handful of people left around here from when I started but I bought this car in 2000 with about 110k on it. Ran some 12's around 2005, and it's been my daily driver for 20 god damn years.
I'm done though, it's just too old. I'm now driving a 2005 STI that makes 400whp and has 1/3rd the mileage on it, but I'm not even remotely kidding when I say my galant drives better. It's not as fast, but it DRIVES better. It shifts better, the clutch feels better, it's got a more comfortable ride...

The kicker is at 299985 the external fuse block melted down and I temporarily fixed it, 299994 miles the jackshaft bolts broke AGAIN. I just don't have it in me to drill them out again. I never could figure out why all the drivetrain bolts on this car loosen up no matter what I do. I'm constantly losing x-case bolts, transmission bolts, jackshaft bolts. I clean the threads, locktite, OEM bolts... They keep f'in falling out.

Whatever, I'll miss this car dearly. Anyone need a running and driving parts car? I would have said I'd drive it 500 miles anywhere but I really don't want to fix the jackshaft bolts again. It drives around fine if you take it easy but I'm not going long distance with the jackshaft loose.

i-4KHrg9W-X3.jpg

There's a lot of good mediocre parts on this car.
jdm front and back bumpers with all OEM supports, uncracked JDM facelift fogs, I even have a new end cap in a sealed mitsu parts bag. 93 headlights (one cracked a bit), australian turn signals, and what might be the only real AMG grill in the US? Fiberglass trunk, fiberglass hood (carbon look, badly faded)
trashed EVO 8 seats
EVO MR inverted bilstein struts on tein springs (rides AWESOME)
working real WQNK transmission with 4 spide rdiff and with VCU EVO 1 rear end gears (best mod I've ever done, makes the car feel and drive amazing) and complete spare trans, AND a complete set of internals for a 3rd set.
FMIC, 14b that's pissing oil, 3" exhaust, 2g maf, ECU with keydiver chip and 510 injectors, supra fuel pump
5 lug swap with fwd knuckles for best rack alignment, prothane bushings everywhere (mostly shot)
Rusty chassis, all the sound deadning is removed, seam welded in a lot of places, sunroof removed and glass sealed in place. windshield leaks in the rain
saturn alternator (2nd best mod ever)
no a/c, no abs, no rear wheel steering
manual belts from a 1989
glovebox and under wheel panel from an 1989

About a billion little mods to make the car better, way too many to list out.
Everything is old and worn, and now so am I.
i-ZZzpJXk-X3.jpg

Last edited:

slugsgomoo

There are enough good parts here that someone should definitely want it. if not, Nate Crisman will likely be paying you a visit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsught.gif

Dan D

Awesome! Just awesome. I'm one of those old farts whose been attached to the car for going on 22 yrs now but I gave up on daily driving it some time ago. That said, properly setup, there's just something about them. I daily a 600hp CTS-V and God's honest truth - the galant is more "fun" to drive. It's not as fast, probably can't corners as hard, is loud, smelly, and barely wife-approved but there's just something about it that feels rights and has for a long time. I hardly put 3K/year on these days so I'm sure I'll never reach 300K (199xxx now) but I can tell you both my kids are hoping it's still around when they can drive - they're 9 and 4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thomcasey

Dang, yet another VR4 in Indianapolis Area? Got three at my house, one at my son's

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts