The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

BADH: 2g VRSF FMIC or...

mean_green

Beating A Dead Horse... I know, I searched. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

But I was hoping to get some kind of info from someone that has used the 2g vrsf first hand or attempted and what was the issue. Or if there is a suggestion of an off the shelf kit that's been found to work well keeping AC and stock radiator, since ETS is intercooler only.

I understand every car and setup is different but whats the major issues with trying to use some of these kits on a stock frame, stock location turbo setup. If it's some mounting issue or trimming some for the pipes etc that isn't a huge deal but not having much access to a welder and no experience I fear I'll order one of these kits and need to alter the endtanks or the piping some much I might as well have just had a custom one made with a better core. I don't have much money set a side for this car or a real reputable shop to do the work. Plus I just want to get the car back on the road and enjoy, not to mention the rising gas prices here. I have seen some of the short route 1g kits being used but it sounds like you need to go to a half radiator or maybe the Scirocco rad, but again trying to keep this cheap and quick.

The turbo just let go on the second GVR4 I just bought in January, and while I either try and see if its rebuildable (68hta) or put a spare e316g on I was thinking it's as good of time as any to try and upgrade quick. With out falling down the JSB rabbit hole.

Thanks -Alan

thomcasey

My son has installed a new 1gVSRF kit on his VR4. He is running a Scirocco radiator along with a PTE-6262. He only had to trim his bumper support and a little of the cor support on one side. No welding was needed and the bumper cover is unaltered.

slugsgomoo

you can keep the stock radiator and run 1g short route piping if you shift it to the side, but I don't think you can if you still have A/C. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ughdunno.gif

I haven't seen how the 2g vrsf kit routes the piping, but my guess is that the ETS core, and some custom piping (or seeing if you can just order it direct from ETS (might be worth a phone call)) would probably be the easiest if you want to maintain all your stock gizmos.

mean_green

I messaged ETS on their site Monday and they said only intercooler available. I guess I didn't ask if they would make the piping kit at all but took that to mean NLA besides cooler.

thomcasey

No, his started as a shell without AC already

mitsuturbo

Quoting mean_green:
Messaged ETS again this afternoon, zero piping available unfortunately.

THOM did your son keep his AC?

Run a 1g short route setup. Similar to the "VRSF" fmic setup. Should work. Not sure about keeping AC, as i pulled my entire AC Setup as soon as i got the car home, and sold every bit of it as a complete AC system many years ago.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts