The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Front bumper

dsmtalontsi95

Hey guys, it's been a while but I'm back and I have finally gotten rid of the ugliest front bumper ever made for these cars. Now I'm trying to right the wrong with a stock bumper and cover. At the moment I have the bumper mounted and attaching the bumper cover. The problem I'm having is the sock one only attaches at the fender up top and 4 points underneath to the front sub-fame. what is the proper way to attach the front bumper at the fenders? The car is missing the plastic pieces that pop into the cross member for the bottom of the bumper to hold onto. does anyone have pics of hardware that the bumper uses at the fenders? Currently they are just holes in the fender and bumper.

dsmtalontsi95

Just found out there are more brackets to hold the front bumper on. I didn't know these little brackets existed.
img.php

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I have a front foam insert available if you need it.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting dsmtalontsi95:
Just found out there are more brackets to hold the front bumper on. I didn't know these little brackets existed.
img.php

The upper corner of the bumper where those brackets attach has probably a 6 x 20 mm bolt that goes up through the bracket and into a nut on the fender.

dsmtalontsi95

Cool, I'll try to source a set.

dsmtalontsi95

Quoting iceman69510:
I have a front foam insert available if you need it.

how much did you want for it? Zip is 17331 or business 21286

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Hey, sorry, I pulled this out but didn't get this figured out yet. I will do this week. It will be strange, as it is long but of course weighs nothing.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts