The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Exhaust size.

gvr4ever

My Mofugas exhaust has crapped out. Currently running 2.5". Any reason to go to 3"?

At the moment, I can only run 22psi max and don't currently have plans to make changes to my setup.

Turbo is big 16g with FMIC.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I would suggest you are ok with 2.5. I personally don't like the issues that arise when the downpipe gets to a larger diameter like reaching the bolts to tighten them, interference with the transfer case, etc.

IncorpoRatedX

Also would suggest sticking to 2.5" as mentioned, the 3" piping isnt worth the extra fitment work imo. 2.5 is less headache and adequate performance.

gvr4ever

I figured 2.5" was the answer. I just thought I'd ask before I buy anything. Looks like CM exhaust is the only company making direct fit exhaust. Anyone else I'm missing?

blacksheep

Stay 2.5", go with an oval muffler and resonator or 2 oval mufflers - one with pretty tip and one thats aluminized or whatever - quieter than round. Yes, certified is the only one left.You could make one yourself easily with 2 90's if you went the ghetto routing method esp with 2.5". But, I would just buy one and be done with it. Rustoleum it if you want before install

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts