The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Contact Mitsubishi USA -> Importation to Germany for C53A Mirage - serial parts

FlyingEagle

Staff member
I have a member on our Facebook site, and on the CSM forum that has been in need of assistance for 8 months concerning the import of his C53A Mirage to Germany.

He has been passed around like a drink at a party, that nobody wants, and the redirect gets him no where.

The person he is dealing with at the counter (import regulations), is requiring paperwork for the manufacturer stating that the roof spoiler is a serialized part, made for the car in question.

To quote directly, which I hope he won't mind: "Tim, the problem is that there had never been an US Mirage Turbo licensed in Germany before...
I've tons of JDM and EUDM brochures - but the officials at the registration department want to see USDM brochures, so they want a certification that the rear wing was a serial part, no aftermarket, for example.
MMNA responds neither to my requests nor to official requests from the german officials - they forward to MM Germany who don't have any informations about the US Mirage...
I fight since 8 month for the permission to register...."
"yes, but they aren't interested what have been serial in the EU... They want a confirmation that the car is for 100% serial to the US market, because first registration and VIN are from US, or what have been added from aftermarket. If the parts they claim gets no confirmation from the US, they won't give the permission...
Last year the laws have been changed - for first registration for normally you've to do crash tests etc., if the manufacturers doesn't confirm that the car had been street legal at the time of first registrations - including all optional parts. "

I have provided tons of photographic evidence to back up the fact that it was a proper part, even the body manuals I provided, that are now scanned and archived (in color no less!) show this part in question- without question.

Does anyone have a 1989 Dodge/PlyMouth/Mirage (turbo may show on this too) original dealer brochure?

I have the Canadian brochures to which all the Canadian and US models were built and had the same body kit options (whether they were part of the same code or not doesn't matter) but they came with the roof wing, front bumper lower lip and one side sill skirt per of the car. WE know this but ....

Any help appreciated.

Hell, it would be great if he could simply build the car on PartSouq.com and show the person that a C53A for MMNA or Puerto Rico/Guam/Defense, builds with those parts in the ASA program, and that changes and uses other spoilers as you change markets to the far east. Gen Export seems to have it, US/Canada/GuamPR got it, GTi in Europe got it ..... farkin laughable rules for import I tells ya! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Long winded but I know we have some contacts somewhere through people on this site, so lets help a fanatic keep a Mitsubishi on the roads of the Rheinland.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
The Pre-Dealer Release dealer information booklet that was scanned years ago, for what appears mainly to be the euro market, shows all the wheels and the USD/CDM/EDM roof spoiler amongst other parts.
This may be our missing link.
Waiting to hear back on that.

G

Staff member
I have dealer brochures but they are jdm.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Hmmm ... I think he needs USDM, but I will let you know if he needs those/scans.
It is amazing how full circle things have to be, especially when others are driving ancient cars that weren't on the cusp of electronic technology and they don't bat an eyelash.

misterfixit

It's shown clearly on the German brochures.

It's also in the FIA Homologation for the C53 colt.

It's even in the German shop manual for the C50 Colt (PWMG8805)

And the page is the same in the USDM manual with the same illustration numbers?

Other thing is get the German dealer to interrogate US ASA with the vehicle vin and prove it is included in the original build of the the car.

Other one is LILEVO - Dealer brochure (Incomplete) here:
click

Car and driver review here:
click

Rich

Last edited:

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Wow, those are a never before seen blast from the past, as it were.

Thank you so much for posting those!

I will get those to Bodo, and see what comes of it.

Funnily enough I had quoted those brochure links you had there, but these manuals and FIA/JAF papers are on another level.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts