The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Not another Wheel Fitment question

GVR4ZUM

Hi Guys,
I've seen the known wheel and tire combos doc Link , I'm looking at some wheels that are 17x8.5 offset 30 and 17x8 offset 25
I'd like to know if I have to roll the fender and mess with the camber in the front, as far as the rears I think they will be fine.
My suspension (Bilstein and Swift springs).
Thanks in advance.

turbofonz

a 17x8 35mm will stick out with stock camber. You're going to have to add some negative camber and depending on ride height, roll the fenders.

Also depending on tire size. Better not be less than a 245 on there.

GVR4ZUM

I actually had 17x8 35 offset before and they were fine. Im just not sure about 17x8.5 30 offset and 17x8 25 offset.

One of the wheels in the front got messed up and I can't find one to replace it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gifHence why I'm in the market for a set of wheels.

Last edited:

bobdole

17x8.0 +25 will stick out front, but fit nice rear.

KiNgMaRtY

The 30 will work with -2.5 camber up front. You can see my pics. I have 17x8.5 wheels with 245/40/17 tires and are an effective offset of +37 after the small spacer and I run -2.2 camber.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts