The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

EVO X seats

citymunky

I'm currently babysitting a friend of mine EVO X while he is on deployment, and during the course of driving his car once a weekend, I fall in love with the stock Recaro's and how they seen to hug me when I sit in them.

I recently came across someone selling their EVO X front seats for a deal I couldn't pass up. However now I need a way to mount them, so I know this might be a long shot but has anyone try to mount them in a GVR4 before?

Last edited:

Olson

make mounts for them.... its not that hard

citymunky

I'm looking into it, but I don't weld.

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Wasn't Evan (ehmotorsport) making some of these?

citymunky

Well, I wouldn't be the first one anymore, however it gives me hope. Do you remember where you seen it?

Quoting transparentdsm:
I'm actually picking up a set of rears Sunday. I'll let you know how that goes if you want me to.

Yes let me know. I have a set of EVO 8 rears that I can use, but I would like the matching EVO X rears if possible.

Quoting transparentdsm:
Not sure if there different but Evan was doing 8-9 seat adapters I believe

Evan was working on the EVO 8/9 seats since Curtis stop making brackets. Also the EVO X seat mount differently than normal Reaction.

Last edited:

citymunky

It appears this has been done twice before than. The first pic is from a US Spec GVR4, and the you just post posted is from the from the master fabricator Jerome (His Galant is a one off build. From a custom widebody, having a supercharger 4G63, to the EVO 7 head on his 6 bolt block, that guy is in a whole other league.)

citymunky

Looking at Jerome aka JayRome on the forums I found another picture of the X seats in his car.

click

Looking closely at the pictures it appears the X seats are still sitting on the factory X sliders rails. I found a seat bracket base online that are made for 6th Galants. I going to order them and modded the work for the X seats. If it works I'll post updates.

citymunky

OK, as much as I hate modifying something that can't be return to back to its original condition, it looks like I will be going to route to mount the seats.
click

transparentdsm

Got rears and placed them in the car. Mostly fit right in, needs a little work to get them to fit right, but looks like it might not be to hard. No pictures yet as my computer is broke and I'm doing everything from my phone

citymunky

Well Cipher racing seats cancelled my order. They even though they listed seats for 6th Gen Galant with part numbers. I'm not upset because I will be going with a pair Planted brackets now that they offer a pair for these old beast.
click

Last edited:

citymunky

Just placed my order for a Driver's and Passenger's side brackets with Planted. The parts numbers are SB282DR and SB282PA.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts