The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The end (UPDATE - asshole located)

EfiniX

Some presumably drunk asshole decided to end my VR4 ownership at 1:30am a few Wednesday's ago. Hit-and-run while parked in front of my house. The paperwork is all settled, and while the $6500 the insurance company offered me is a testament to keeping good records and providing market value details to the appraiser, 543 is toast. Complete loss, and with frame damage on the front, and body damage on both ends (hit me into my neighbor's car), there's nowhere to go with this poor girl.

Thanks to everyone on the board who helped me wrap my head around this car. It taught me how to tune. You all taught me how to tune, and I thank you for that. Special shout-outs to Jnava, GSTwithPSI, Paul thedsmguy, and of course my friend Evan aka EHMotorsports. May I put his skills to good use on the 335d I'm going to buy when I get back from my next business trip.

Part out on the way. Stay tuned...

Last edited:

G

Staff member
Damn that sucks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

EfiniX

Thanks, transparentdsm. you should have gotten a shout-out, too. Thanks for all the help and advice over the years.

diambo4life

Terrible. So sorry man. I never park my car on the street. If some f***er is going to take it out, you better drive on my lawn and driveway. S

Deng....

transparentdsm

Quoting EfiniX:
Thanks, transparentdsm. you should have gotten a shout-out, too. Thanks for all the help and advice over the years.

for sure and i hope in time you'll find yourself in another VR4. i also have to say very impressed with the amount of money you got for the car as well.

transparentdsm

due to the parking at my new place i had to rent a garage space for my VR4, to close to a road people drive on all day long for my liking. id be sitting at the front window all day watching my car.

EfiniX

You can be sure I'm putting up cameras...

FlyingEagle

Staff member
That. Blows.
Only saving grace would be that at least you weren't sitting in the car when the collision occurred.

jnava

Staff member
Thanks man ....

curtis

Got a radiator support etc...... a guy with a frame machine could fix the hooker. Let me know

ktmrider

Quoting transparentdsm:
Quoting EfiniX:

for sure and i hope in time you'll find yourself in another VR4. i also have to say very impressed with the amount of money you got for the car as well.

+1 on both.

And it looks like I'm moving to Beaverton this summer, will rethink any street parking!

EfiniX

There's obvious damage to the bumper core, but the skin itself looks fine (somehow). The light on the trunk cartridge was broken before the car got hit. I actually have the replacement light in my basement which I'll swap into the cartridge for the partout.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
I think Curtis may have a point.

Can understand parting ways, and parting out, but consider leaving everything in the shell, complete.

Pull the upgraded motor and things that wouldn't be stock that lurk in the engine bay.

Somebody could put it all back together.

When my Colt got hit at right angles, I was surprised the front coupe style doors had no issues with opening and closing and the frame from the windshield back was unscathed.

My Colt was not worth pulling straight and everything got crushed in the engine bay, including the 4g15 that had just been rebuilt some months before. Completely rebuilt. Rusty car, first foray into the Mitsubishi world ....

So, consider that someone may want to buy the complete car and do the body work. It never hurts to try and could save oodles of time on your end.

holeshotmoe

Man...so hurts my eyes to look at. Sorry for your loss /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts