The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Special VR4's Sold Stateside

iceguru1114

In the history of the E38 and E39 chassis, has anyone ever found a documented case of one of the following ever being sold in the US from a "Certified" Mitsubishi dealer?:

1) E38 VR4 RS
2) E38 VR4 Evo
3) E39 VR4 Monte Carlo

I'm building a DSP autox car (I concur with another thread I found contending that the GVR4 could potentially dominate that class now that they lifted the boost restriction: click and would like to know how far I can take the updating/backdating rule.

I was able to dig this example up: click, but I don't think they're a "certified" OEM dealer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

G

Staff member
No, never happened. Those were all sold outside the usdm market. Maybe canada, that would be your closest option.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
^^^ What those guys said.

We got early 1990's E3X type Eagle Summit 2000/2000 GTX, FWD and AWD, all non-turbo, ECS or non ECS, auto/5speed.
Period.

No Mitsubishi dealers in Canada until 2003.
USDM got 1991-1992 E39A turbo's. Only years for turbo Galant.

All cars sold on these shores, are LHD. All JDM models are RHD, with limited options to countries that were LHD and importing Mitsubishis as new. USDM never got Monte Carlo or Evo badged models, only Galant VR4.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts