The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1992 jdm vr4

G

Staff member
Fuel, this is very nice! Do you know what wheels came on the 92'? Same as 91 or were they like the usdm 92 wheels? click

fuel

Were you meant to link to my garage thread or a '92 JDM G on the web somewhere?

JDM Galant VR-4s had either:

15" steel rims on the RS, optional to have the alloys from the respective year model non-RS
15" 'turbine' alloy rims for '87 to October '89 models, same as the '90 USDM GGSX rims
15" '8 spoke' alloy rims for the October '89 onwards models, all silver coloured with the exception of the Super VR-4 and Monte Carlo VR-4s which had them body coloured (Lamp black only)

The 15" 5 spoke alloys of the USDM '92 VR-4 didn't make an appearance on the JDM VR-4, though I am sure they were standard on other models such as the Chariot/RVR but silver coloured only.

G

Staff member
Yeah to your garage thread. I figured since you owned a 91' you'd be most knowledgeable. Interesting about the 92' usdm vr4 wheels. What about the tails? Did they change like the 92' usdm tail lights did?

Also I was looking in an owners manual (mb853766) and it lists a few different vr-4 models.

vr-4
vr-4 rs
vr-4 rs aws

So what's the base vr-4? With out aws?

Last edited:

fuel

The tails (along with the headlamp/corner lamp combination) is either pre-facelift up to October '89 with the same tails as per fitted to the USDM '89/90 GGSX/GGSR etc and the corner lamps have two bulbs, fog lamps have turn signals next to them and the headlamps don't have the city lights. Facelift which is Oct '89 onwards has the same tails as USDM '91 GVR-4, headlamps have city lamps, single bulb corners and projector fogs with dual beams.

Base VR-4 will be the E39A with 4WS (E39A). The VR-4 without 4WS can only be an RS (E38A). It just happens there are RS's with 4WS which makes them E39A's still.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned