The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear outer CV-boots?

bigandbad

I tried to get some rear outer CV-boots. At the dealership it's discontinued, and at companies like RockAuto etc. there are no aftermarket-parts available. Does anybody has a source, where to get? At Ebay somebody offers the "last NOS" for tons of bucks...
Any sugestions?
I thought about SKF universal boots, but their diameter is outside too big and inside too small...

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I found this part number on Rock auto- Mevotech DX252. Search that.

This place claims to have them.

web page

boostedinaz

I redid the front CV boots and did a write up. I'm not sure if the rear CVs are the same odd triangle shape but if they are the boot kit and part number are in the post CV boot fix

bigandbad

@ iceman
They don't want to sell to Germans..
I have to have an US / CDN credit card with an US adress...
I think I will try the SKF universals...
Thx!

misterfixit

Thant's not good news.
Have you tried looking at what uses a similar size joint?
Something Japanese with NTN oe supply. I'd be shure that the booths weren't Mitsubishi only as NTN supplied lots of Japanese manufacturers.
Might be worth taking the axle to a junkyard and matching it up with some of their stock to get a lead.

Kama1 (Brian) might be able to help here for suggestions as VR-4 were never originally sold in the Philippines, but a few folks run them.

Maybe a Subaru Justy, Honda Logo, Daihatsu Charade or Suzuki Swift front shaft would be similar in size (diameter) to our rears.

Kind regards,

Richard

Quoting bigandbad:
@ iceman
They don't want to sell to Germans..
I have to have an US / CDN credit card with an US adress...
I think I will try the SKF universals...
Thx!

car_guy

There's a video on YouTube about how to use the inner boots on the outer. You just have to cut off the piece that goes into the recesses on the axle and slide the inner boot over the top of the old outer and clamp it down. But I found some outers on rockauto a couple weeks ago.

bigandbad

@ misterfixit: I think I will try with universal boots - I prefer originality, but sometimes it's too hard to get parts...

@ carguy : Our federal inspector would kill me if I would do this. My car would be declared as "unsafe" immediately. Our laws are very strict...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned