The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#418 ran a 10

NateCrisman

Well...accomplished my goal for 2016 with #418/2000: Ran a 10.97@128 at Island Dragway tonight with pumpgas in the tank (mostly) and the meth kit spraying. I did borrow Nelson's old 23" M&H slicks on 15" ARE wheels, removed the headlight & air filter, and really leaned on the tune. I didn't get the timeslip (seems like this is the track's way of punishing you for breaking the rollbar rules), so I don't know the 60' or 1/8 mile..but I'd suspect the 60' was in the very high 1.5 to 1.625 range. At the shootout I was experimenting a little bit, so the fuel in the main tank was a mix of 3.5 gallons of 93 octane gas with 1.5 gallons of ohio E85...so that's like E44 main fuel with Methanol Injection (100% Alky through an M10 nozzle).

Ill add to this thread tomorrow. it's 1AM and I'm BEAT.

Last edited:

NateCrisman

Quoting ApexHunter:
Nice work! That didn't take long.

Didn't last long either. No roll bar = bannned from local track now. hahaha I got the "don't come back" from them, so the car is now "not run-able" ...and rather than ruin the car for daily use with a roller, Im just going to un-modify it to be slower. so Im planning to take the built engine, cams, FP turbo setup out and put a stock engine/16g in there (will still run high 11). There's no point in having a 500+whp car that you can't race, utterly useless, why have it.

I am going to take the car to Etown for the Oct 22 Mitsu vs Subaru race....I'm going to leave the tune set "balls to the wall" and run it as hard as I can, since I don't think there is any heads up racing class for anything but Evo. Probably get kick/ban from that track too.

Going to rebuild my yellow 1g, which will be NHRA legal for 8.50 or slower once I upgrade the cage and buy a few things. Ill be using that for racing from here out.

The really hilarious thing...is this EXACT SAME SITUATION happened with #139 in 2009...where it ran a high 10 in the fall, I got kicked out from Island, I spend the fall debating what I really wanted to do with the car (either de-mod or install a rollcage to make it legal)...... you would think I would learn from my prior experiences

but alas....Im a creature of habit. bad habits apparently. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

NateCrisman

Quoting diambo4life:
Congrats Nate. What size are these slicks again?

23 x 7 x 15 M&H

4Grim

Congrats Nate...definitely great times!!

MellowVR4

Quoting KiNgMaRtY:
Wow, that surely was fast! I bet they didn't see it coming.

I bet they were like, SOMEONE GET HIS ASS OUT THE TRACK LOL

4Grim

67433913.jpg

Last edited:

NateCrisman

hahahaha nice

NateCrisman

Etown Evo vs WRX race was rained out on saturday, and I had family obligations on sunday, so #418 is done racing for the year. So saturday I stuck it in the garage at my house, and chopped it's nuts off.

Took the FP3176 turbo setup off and started re-assembling it with an evo3 16g with ported 2G manifold/o2 housings and internal wastegate. Should be running by mid week. Probably going to put stock cams in it as well, and might pilfer the adjustable fuel pressure reg and replace with stock reg.

Those parts will be going onto the yellow 1G to race with next year.

NateCrisman

Quoting bazeng:
10s with a 16g?

wahhhht no. It ran 10.9 with the FP3176 turbo at 35psi. The turbo I just took off.

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Looking forward to seeing what you do with the 1G, Nate. You have any goals in mind?

Goal for the GVR4 #418: be a reliable daily driver from here on out. (and don't cost too much money)

Goal for the 1G: make it to as many race events as possible and plaster the internet with photos of the car on the track with PerformancePartout.com lettering. HAHAHAHA

in all seriousness, that's the real goal: advertise as much as possible. I'm planning to build the car to run in IFO forced induction sport class (full interior, full exhaust, DOT tire, 62mm turbo).

I'd' like to see the car run consistently in the low 10's, and be reliable and low maintenance/cost.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts