The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

what to use to replace a bosch GVR4 alternator

JoeDaddy0

Hi, I can't fnd a bosch G1 alternator. Anyone have one? I can get a G2 Bosch so can it be used?
Any other suggestions? Tired of blowing up Autozone versions.

Last edited:

transparentdsm

if you have a local alternator guy, i would eat the core charge on the alt. and have the OEM unit rebuilt as a back up. I've had nothing but bad experiences with aftermarket alts. and find that having a spare OEM rebuilt one laying around is a great second option. I have found you have a 50/50 shot at getting a bad alt that will fail with-in a few thousand miles when you buy from the autoparts store.

Edit: also where in oregon are you? im going to try to get a VR4 meet together next spring and have all my buddies from the Reno/Tahoe area come up. there are about 10 or so VR4's down there and im hoping about 6 or 7 will make it out.

Last edited:

JoeDaddy0

Eugene OR and ty. ER is installing OEM rebuilt wrapping down pipe O2 , ptp turbo blanket and wrapping FP manifold. I dont know if they are dumping or keeping the disfunctional heat shield they put in that did not work at all.iim also adding a ford Mustang hood vent.
We will see if we get stuck in the. syskews in mid winter. It might be our last if so.

Last edited:

gtluke

I just did the saturn alternator in the factor spot, surprisingly easy and my volts have never been better. Wish I did this a long time ago.

transparentdsm

Quoting JoeDaddy0:
Eugene OR and ty. ER is installing OEM rebuilt wrapping down pipe O2 , ptp turbo blanket and wrapping FP manifold. I dont know if they are dumping or keeping the disfunctional heat shield they put in that did not work at all.iim also adding a ford Mustang hood vent.
We will see if we get stuck in the. syskews in mid winter. It might be our last if so.

your only 3 hours away, in the spring time once i get mine running lets get together and go for a drive. somewhere around Chemult or something on 58. we can try to get erik in medford to meet up with us as well. im also going to try and organize a large meet of people from san fran up to seattle to meet somewhere around the Weed, Ca area, as it's right about the middle, for a meet and short cruise of VR4's. I'm going to have a lot of friends from the Reno/Tahoe area to come out, about 10 or so VR4's out there.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts