The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wiper circuit help!

NateCrisman

Ok...#418 has no windshield wipers at all. I replaced the fuse for Wiper on the driver's interior footwell fuse box and read 12V on both sides of the fuse with DVM. I'm not getting any power at the wiper relay or the solid blue wire at the wiper motor. From what I understand, the ETACS box only deals with the intermittent wipers, if that fails..your intermittent stops but low/high work. If the relay on firewall fails you have no wipers at all. (I tried swapping the column switch, relay, and motor with shelf stock before even digging out the schematic to no avail)

So....looks like I have no power coming to either the relay, switch, or motor ....I haven't got up to the etacs box to see if I have power there...but I doubt it. (should be a solid blue wire that branches to all the involves items fed off a 15amp fuse...I assume the one I replaced in the drivers footwell)

Going off this:
0900c152800381a0.gif

Can anyone tell me where there are plugs/connectors along this blue wire route that I can trace back? (Im thinking the likely possibility is a prior owner of the car was rooting around under dash and left a wiring harness connector apart or only half pushed in)

thomcasey

You will still have wipers if the relay is bad/missing, but they will NOT have

1. Intermittent
2. They will never park, they stop when you turn them off

I know this because i removed mine for a wire tuck, big mistake. So, I would start at the etacs.

jrtech

Last edited:

NateCrisman

Quoting thomcasey:
You will still have wipers if the relay is bad/missing, but they will NOT have

1. Intermittent
2. They will never park, they stop when you turn them off

I know this because i removed mine for a wire tuck, big mistake. So, I would start at the etacs.

I have no wipers at all, and no power at ANY point in the circuit. so I think my problem is at the ignition switch or fuse box area prior to the main blue wire branching out. more investigating today.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts