The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1992 Kensington Grey Check in.

Hey guys, I know there is a "registry" thread. I noticed that there were not many cars documented with the actual information regarding color and options. I have a 1992 Kensington Grey VR-4 with no sunroof. I know there were 30 cars made in that option in total, 14 of which had the cd player option (code A81), 16 had the equalizer input (code a87). I am trying to track down how many are actually left in existence. I know of one that was crushed, I have one that was renumbered as the factory badge was lost, and is now number 365/1000. If you know of one that had no sunroof please list it here so we can find out just how rare these unicorns actually are.

When it gets painted it'll go away. Until then not worth the effort to remove it lol

Bump, I know you guys know of these cars! So far only 2, including mine have been accounted for!

slugsgomoo

mitsuturbo, raptorreed and I all have KG cars and are all in WA. Nelson has one in NJ, etc. There are bunches in members rides to look through.

GSX_TC

Did you get that front bumper from David Chang?

Fish

Finally more Idaho people! Even if you are on the other side of the state. I think we are up to three total now. Welcome, hope to see more from you and your car.

Gsxhybrid

#784 KG with sun roof

Hey guys, I know there is a "registry" thread. I noticed that there were not many cars documented with the actual information regarding color and options. I have a 1992 Kensington Grey VR-4 with no sunroof. I know there were 30 cars made in that option in total, 14 of which had the cd player option (code A81), 16 had the equalizer input (code a87). I am trying to track down how many are actually left in existence. I know of one that was crushed, I have one that was renumbered as the factory badge was lost, and is now number 365/1000. If you know of one that had no sunroof please list it here so we can find out just how rare these unicorns actually are.
img.jpg
I have 633/1000 kg sunroof car

pot

Staff member
I used to own no 893 (I think that was the correct no). It was a non-sunroof KG. I don’t remember anything about the audio features as I suspect they were aftermarket.

Had I known how much a sun roof weighs on these cars to include the rarity of this variant, I very well would have kept it.

I sold 893 here in Fayetteville, NC in 2011. The owner took it to Texas and from there I haven’t heard a peep either on here or FB.

DSSA

#641 KG, sunroof, no CD
Priorly owned #76 KG, sunroof, with CD
Parted Unknown # KG , sunroof, Radio unknown

DSSA

That's strange cause i have 76 and it nile black
You are right that one was Nile Black. I’m not sure what my other KG car was.

#76 was my first GVR4, purchased back around 1997-98. Was a one owner, previously from AZ. I sold it to a guy I know from NY.

Where is she now, and do you still have the fabulous Dancing Dolphins Clarion head unit in her?😂

DSSA

#76 was my first GVR4, purchased back around 1997-98. Was a one owner, previously from AZ. I sold it to a guy I know from NY.

Where is she now, and do you still have the fabulous Dancing Dolphins Clarion head unit in her?😂
It looks like you’re from NY as well. Did you purchase it from Pablo?

Imback

It still has the same head unit lol. I bought it from a guy named john out of PA. It sat for awhile so I'm going through with restoring it. I got some of the wiring sorted out since it had a aem v1 in it when i got it. The car runs and moves but the rear lines rotted out so i need to get that sorted out before really driving it.

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-07 at 8.42.08 PM.jpeg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts