The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fog light goodies

strokin4dr

I've have this set of JDM projector fog lights for a few years now. I've been reluctant to install them since they are in perfect condition until I had some way of protecting them. My stock lights were so sand blasted and rock chipped from road debris, I didn't want to risk these getting messed up too. Well, I finally got my wish.

Lamin-x is a company that makes vinyl protection for headlights and fog lights, but does not offer anything pre-cut for Mitsubishi's. They mostly do European cars.
I bought a "universal" kit a while back and the results of trying to cut it myself were pretty ugly. If you've ever tried to cut this stuff in the shaped you need, you know what I mean. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif
I pulled that junk off and talked to the wife about possibly cutting some shapes with her plotter.

She was able to scan the lights and use the plotter to cut exactly what I needed. I now have perfectly protected fog lights.

The film is 12 mils thick and completely clear. You have to be right up on them to even see it.

They are still a bit wet from installing the film but I had to show them off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We also scanned a USDM fog light to make a couple sets for some friends.

Planning to make a template for my '93 headlights next!

strokin4dr

I'm going to test this out a bit before I offer anything up for sale. I've got a buddy that has the same film on his headlights from SoWo 2011 and it still looks great, so I don't see durability being an issue.
The manufacturer also gives a 5 yr warranty on the stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll keep you guys posted though.

Would anyone else be interested in this for VR4 fog lights and headlights?

fuel

12mm thick? that's almost half an inch. Do you mean 1.2mm?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
A mil over here is not a millimeter. That is 0.001 inches.

bobdole

Yes I would be interested. Need this to protect those 93's.

G

Staff member
That's awesome, I was planning on doing the same thing but manually since I don't have a plotter. For my edm headlights and fogs. You should do the end caps as well. Hell make an entire kit. Corners and the blinkers. Laminx also offers different colors. I have a set of the pre-cut for my merc and landy, they work very well.

strokin4dr

The end cap pieces are already installed in that pic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If there is interest, I can probably get the wife to do some for the corners and maybe some other pieces too.

I need to find out if all the different headlights use the exact same size lenses. Also, do all years have the 3 "bumps" in the headlight glass like the '93s do??

fuel

the bumps are unique to the 93's as far as I'm aware. I would be in for 91/92 style headlamps and JDM projector fogs!

turbowop

The bumps are on all USDM lights, Both 93s and all the diffused years. I think they were used for a special aiming tool. Not totally sure though.

*edit* Actually, I'm second guessing myself now. Somebody needs to confirm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Not sure what you are second guessing, the presence or the usage. The bumps are for the old "Hoppy" aiming tool.

turbowop

The presence. I didn't have a light in front of me and while I was almost sure that all USDM lights had the bumps, I started to doubt memory. I'm getting old... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

fuel

Ah! JDM definitely doesn't have the bumps.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting turbowop:
The presence. I didn't have a light in front of me and while I was almost sure that all USDM lights had the bumps, I started to doubt memory. I'm getting old... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

My 92 has the bumps. Didn't check the 91, but should be identical.

strokin4dr

Thanks guys.

If anyone would like these made for JDM headlights or pre-facelift JDM fogs, I would need a volunteer to loan me those pieces so the wife can make a template.

galantgti

I want a pair for my facelift fogs as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

slugsgomoo

Quoting turbowop:

Agreed, though I'd really want to know how much money you're going to need... I have 93 headlights and both pre & post facelift fogs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ughdunno.gif

strokin4dr

UPDATE

I have the JDM and USDM fog light protectors finished and have been testing them for a few months now on a couple of cars. As of right now I am NOT going to post a thread to sell these, but I will do a limited run on the few sets of each type that I have left.

Depending on the amount of interest, I may do another run in the future, but as of right now my free time for car hobbies is almost nonexistent. Also, I do still plan to make a set of protectors for the glass USDM headlights and possibly the JDM headlights and pre-facelift fogs if I can get someone to send me a clean, intact example of each.

For those of you interested, shoot me of PM of which set you would like. This will be first come, first served. I will go by when PM's are received, so do not post in this thread saying you want a set.

**I have a few sets put aside for those who previously showed interest in this thread. I will how them for you guys until the other sets are gone, please shoot me a PM if you are still interested**

Thanks
-Ryan

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts