The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#3 finally out and about. Updated with dyno vid on PG2

boostedinaz

I have spent a few months trying to get #3 up and running again. I have been doing what I can in my spare time (I don't have much of it) and was finally able to take her for a good long drive today. I also washed her and did a good general outside cleaning. The paint on the car is in fantastic condition unlike some homie hook style paint jobs. Everything seems to be working as it should so tomorrow she is going get tuned by Tony at UMS. I'll report back with numbers sometime tomorrow evening.

Filled her up with E85 today.

Paint looks great but she will hopefully get detailed before I have a photography friend take some pictures.

Last edited:

strokin4dr

Good to see #3 back on the road!

Did you end up buying it or are you working on it for the owner?

G

Staff member
Nice. I remember seeing it at jccs, definitely is purdy. Can't wait to see some jdm bumpers installed.

GSTwithPSI

2013:
Quoting boostedinaz:
I know Mike is making a website to chronicle his journey with #3 and hopefully people will be inspired by that. It will truly be a nice GVR4 (not some homie hook up respray junk) when it is done. I'll see if in the next few days I can get some pics I have and post them up.

2014:
Quoting boostedinaz:

Keep in mind his shiny paint job was a "homie hook up" as he said and has orange peel like crazy. Most homie hooks ups I've seen use cheap materials and are no better than a 500.00 Maaco job.

2016:
Quoting boostedinaz:
The paint on the car is in fantastic condition unlike some homie hook style paint jobs.

You still mad, bro?

boostedinaz

Quoting GSTwithPSI:

You still mad, bro?

Nope, just trying to sell a nice car.

GSX_TC

Mike V's "Homie hookup" 500 dollar paint job is garage, freakin orange peel piece of crap car. But on a side note, it's nice to know number 3 is still out there on the road.

Jesus_Negros

The f*** is going on in here?

My Conquest needs a "homie hookup", where dey at?

NateCrisman

Quoting Jon:
Username change request from "boostedinaz" to "HomieHookUp"?

I second the motion.

It's all for decoration yo

boostedinaz

^^^^ I'm trying to update the board about #3. Not sure what this other guy is doing.

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Selling a car? Then why are you in the wrong section still crying about Mike V's paint job 5 years later?

Yes, selling it. It's no secret that I am simply getting the car back to a turn key operation so it can be sold. This isn't a for sale add so the section is just fine. Not crying at all, some cars just remind me of certain things. I worked on an E92 M3 that reminds me of terrible wiring, SSQV BOVs remind me of Supra's, it happens to a lot of things so what?

It almost seems like you are more invested into this "rivalry" than anyone else.

Last edited:

boostedinaz

I just started the car up and once it's warm I'm off to the dyno. I'm hoping for 0 problems and good numbers. Good or bad I'll post the results.

4Grim

#3 is definitely one of the most well done GVR4s I have seen...it inspired me before I even purchased #1948.

Good luck on the dyno, look forward to seeing numbers it makes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

GSTwithPSI

Quoting boostedinaz:
^^^^ I'm trying to update the board about #3. Not sure what this other guy is doing.

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Selling a car? Then why are you in the wrong section still crying about Mike V's paint job 5 years later?

Yes, selling it. It's no secret that I am simply getting the car back to a turn key operation so it can be sold. This isn't a for sale add so the section is just fine. Not crying at all, some cars just remind me of certain things. I worked on an E92 M3 that reminds me of terrible wiring, SSQV BOVs remind me of Supra's, it happens to a lot of things so what?

It almost seems like you are more invested into this "rivalry" than anyone else.

Rivalry? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

You come out of posting hibernation talking about how fantastic #3 is, while in the same breath completely out of the blue, regurgitating the same stupid sh*t about Mike V's paint job from years ago. What the f*** does that have to do with anything? The answer is, nothing; you're just being a tool for no reason. Well, I'm your huckelberry.

Last I heard, #3 was no peach. That's from Foster himself, talking about all the sh*t that was supposedly botched from when he got the car from Harry. There was a thread outlining a whole list of stuff wrong according to Foster, but surprise surprise, it got deleted. You here to tell us you fixed all that stuff? How about the fuel leaking everywhere? That still a thing? How about the title, you get that straightened out? What's this thing tuned on these days? It sounded to me like that car needed some extensive work to be in "turn key" shape, not a little fix here and there in someone's spare time. But, that's all assuming what Foster said about the car wasn't complete bullshit, which is probably unlikely given nearly everything out of his mouth was bullshit.

Some cars remind me of certain things, too. #3 reminds me what happens to a clean VR-4 when you give it to a whiny owner who knows nothing about the platform. The faster this car is sold to someone with some sense, the better. Matter of fact, what's the asking price? I'm always in the market to save another VR-4.

Shoot me a PM, and we can talk money.

boostedinaz

It seems you are confusing your hatred of Mike with the car itself. They are no longer one in the same, time to get over it. As for the history of the car it has been posted over and over again. You seem to have decent searching skills I'm sure you can dig that info up right away. When it goes up for sale it will be a true turn key car because I am the one doing the work now.

As you stated this isn't the section to post a for sale add. When I do you will know the asking price. If you got money burning a hole in your pocket then by all means make an offer.

boostedinaz

Heading back to the topic at hand the car made 451 AWHP this afternoon. I will post up a few pics and I'll try and figure out a way to get the video up here. All this will have to wait until tonight when the kiddos go to sleep.

I am very happy with those numbers and the car not only drives well but it pulls really hard.

GSTwithPSI

Let's get something straight, I don't hate Mike. He's just an idiot who refuses to accept responsibility for his actions, and wants to blame everyone else. Harry, the Government, whatever. Someone else is always to blame for everything that's dicked up in his life. But, this isn't about Mike, it's about his car.

On the topic of the car, I'm not confusing anything. Like I said, I wish I could link to the thread where Mike listed all this sh*t wrong with this car, but it was deleted. It was a pretty extensive list from my recollection. It was far from turn key, I'll tell you that. As for the history of the car, it was documented well up until it left Harry's possession. I haven't seen sh*t posted/documented about it since it wound up in Mike's hands, except a bunch of lip service from you and him.

So, I ask again, did you fix everything that was wrong? You got a clean title now? If this isn't a for sale thread, let's see some of the progress you've made? Or, did you just come here to post pics of you filling up with gas, and remind us of Mike V's homie hookup paint job?

NateCrisman

450WHP.....assuming the car isn't significantly lightened....should be a solid 11.50@125 car with a reasonable leave. Cool. What's the current setup for mods?

GSTwithPSI

Quoting boostedinaz:
Heading back to the topic at hand the car made 451 AWHP this afternoon.

Impressive numbers. Looking forward to the dyno video and more details about the car.

boostedinaz

Quoting GSTwithPSI:

On the topic of the car, I'm not confusing anything. Like I said, I wish I could link to the thread where Mike listed all this sh*t wrong with this car, but it was deleted. It was a pretty extensive list from my recollection. It was far from turn key, I'll tell you that. As for the history of the car, it was documented well up until it left Harry's possession. I haven't seen sh*t posted/documented about it since it wound up in Mike's hands, except a bunch of lip service from you and him.

You are correct when Mike got the car it WAS far from turn key, hence his main beef with Harry. Mike had the car for something like 6 years and that's a long time to fix things. I typed up a basic run down of what happen with Mike and the car, again it's out there I'm sure you can find it. Hard to update the board on the car when Mike kept getting banned. (his own fault for the record)

Quoting GSTwithPSI:

So, I ask again, did you fix everything that was wrong? You got a clean title now? If this isn't a for sale thread, let's see some of the progress you've made? Or, did you just come here to post pics of you filling up with gas, and remind us of Mike V's homie hookup paint job?

I don't have Mike's list but yeah the car is fixed. In fact it is fixed enough to not leak a drop of fluid and make 451 at the wheels today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif It also made the trip from AZ to CA for JCCS a few years ago without a single issue. Again, there are 0 title issues. The title is a free and clear AZ title ready to be signed over to whoever the new owner. I've said that once already in this thread.

I'm not sure what you are hoping for here. Are you wanting to be some super sluth that finds out #3 is actually a big POS and not the super nice car it actually is? I get that you are pals with Mike V and dislike Mike F but none of that takes away from how nice #3 is no matter how much you want it to.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts